L And 2 Acceleration

i got bored so i tried accelerating hard off the line in L. i was surprised the tach went in the red area. so with my foot still flooring the pedal i switch to 2 and continue to accelerate until i have to slow down for a stop light. they say its bad doin this and some kid told me one time u can drive a auto like a manual but "u gotta know what you're doin." im just curious as to what what causes the strain in the transmission when shifting into L and 2. my guess is the engine breaking when u start releasing the gas. are lexus cars so reliable that u can get away with this shifting? :snoooorrrtttt:

well i wouldnt recommend doing that at all.your putting a ton of stress on both your motor and the tranny.a auto cant be drivin like a stick!you can go from l to 2 to drive but its not the same as a stick.l is for like a heavy load or going up a big hill.so is 2.

overall i wouldnt do that no matter how reliable the car is because eventually you will kill the trans by stressing it out.

BAD,BAD,BAD.........I agree with bbsal. If you do this type of driving continously you'll definitely shorten the life of the transmission & engine!! :chairshot: