Doors Automatically Lock

Ollie

Hey Guys,

I have a LS400 1990 model. It's an import from Japan.

When I take off all of the doors try to automatically lock. Except the driver side door doesn't automatically lock, so all the doors can't lock. It keeps trying to do this every 20 seconds or so. Lock / Can't lock ... Lock / Can't lock

I have to manually lock the driver side door, and then all the rest of the doors can lock. It's pretty annoying.

In addition, the remote entry button doesn't make the driver side lock unlock. I have to manually unlock the door with the key.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have thought of two possible solutions:

1. Fix the driver side automatic locking

2. Remove the automatic locking while driving feature.

But have no idea how to do either of these.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is a normal feature on japanese luxury cars. All of our Toyota Crowns in Trinidad had this feature.

I'd say you take care of the driver door issue. Disabling that system would be messing with a lot of the electronics of a feature you should keep.

Not quite sure why it isnt a standard feature here in north america.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey Guys,

I have a LS400 1990 model. It's an import from Japan.

When I take off all of the doors try to automatically lock. Except the driver side door doesn't automatically lock, so all the doors can't lock. It keeps trying to do this every 20 seconds or so. Lock / Can't lock ... Lock / Can't lock

I have to manually lock the driver side door, and then all the rest of the doors can lock. It's pretty annoying.

In addition, the remote entry button doesn't make the driver side lock unlock. I have to manually unlock the door with the key.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have thought of two possible solutions:

1. Fix the driver side automatic locking

2. Remove the automatic locking while driving feature.

But have no idea how to do either of these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, it sounds like to me that the door lock actuator has gone bad. I had an 01 GS300 that had the same problem on the passenger door. As I remember, the part cost around $300 for the actuator. I'd look around on ebay to try and find it. Hope this helps :cheers:

when you flip the tab by hand is there any more resistance than the other doors? same thing happened to me, but it's because i took the door panel off to replace the window motor and after I was done the rod that runs from the actuator to the lock tab was touching some of the black silicon sealant and binding.

does the tab move at all with the auto lock function?