MPG  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Average MPG?

• Less than 20
    • 20 - 22
    • 23 - 25
    • 26 - 28
    • More than 29

I am getting about 24 MPG. I am curious if this is about the average of all drivers. I am averaging my snow driving with traffic driving and Highway driving. I just like to know the average regardless if you drive in traffic, snow, slow or fast!

Gracias ;)

But my question is, how are you guys basing ur MPG estimates? Cause I know in my case when I do total milage over miles driven on a tank my estimates r about 2-3 mpg less then what the computer reads.

I just get mine from the car's computer. Next time I will do it manually and see what I get.....

• 3 weeks later...

My 07 IS250 AWD typically shows 27.x MPG for the tank average as well as current MPG. Most of my driving is highway on the weekends. It is still cool in the Midwest so I would expect to get better MPG once the weather warms up.

I only have 1300 miles on the car so far. Should I expect to get a little better MPG once I have about 10k miles?

I have yet to perform a manual calculation but I have some advice. The gas pumps tend to vary in terms of volume of fuel calculated during a fill-up. Hence you will get different result if you frequent multiple gas stations. Obviously they can't vary too much but just enough to disagree with what the car calculates.

• 4 weeks later...
...in my case when I do total milage over miles driven on a tank my estimates r about 2-3 mpg less then what the computer reads.

Same here... I'm getting about 2-3 mpg less than the reported "tank average". IS250 RWD, in mostly city driving in traffic. No long trips yet, so don't know hiway mpg.

RJM

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting. I reported earlier that I have been getting around 23 mpg. I just had my 5000 mile oil change at the dealer and just after two fillups I was able to go 440 miles on one tank and avg around 26 mpg (manual calculations). I did drive very conservatively this last fillup. But prior to the oil change my usual tank range was 390 miles.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I did a test again this week. I have been driving between 65 and 70 mpg (and literally getting run over on the freeway), and I've gone up to 30 mpg, according to my computer. Granted, my computer always states that I am 2 mpg above what GasBuddy says, so I'm probably really only getting 28 mpg. However, I'll take the 2 extra mpg with these gas-gouging prices!!!!!