Adding Amp To Rx300

I am going to be replacing the stock speakers in my 2000 RX300 with MTX 5.25 components in the front and Infinity 6.5 coaxials in the rear and I will be adding a 4ch amp to replace the stock amp. I have already added a Kicker amp and JL Audio 10" sub and box (hooked up using the speaker inputs from the stock sub into the speaker level inputs of the Kicker amp).

My questions is this: What is the best way to hook up a new amp? I have a Sony Xplod 5ch amp and would like to use this amp as it is 4x40w which is fine for these speakers, but it does not have speaker level inputs so I would have to use Line Output Converters. If I go this direction, where is the best place to tap into the system? Should I take the signal before it goes into the stock amp or should I take the signal after the amp? I already have the wiring schematic from Alldata so I have the info to do either setup.

OR should I just not use the Sony amp I have and get a 4ch amp that has speaker level inputs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JP

post-11-1061551661.gif