Lexus Of Orland

Argelius

I just spoke with a sales rep at Lexus of Orland (Illinois). I had inquired about wanting to arrange a test drive for a Lexus GS 450h. I was told it is "company policy" not to offer test drives on that particular car.

I'm thinking it's not my policy to buy a $60K+ car without test driving it first.

I'm guessing it was some BS story to filter-out the merely curious, as opposed to the serious buyer. Ah well, arranged for a test drive an another dealer.

Buy the car from the other dealer, then take it to Lexus of Orland and show it to the general manager and tell him your story. His reaction should be interesting.

Tom

Buy the car from the other dealer, then take it to Lexus of Orland and show it to the general manager and tell him your story. His reaction should be interesting.

Tom

Feeling particularly perturbed, I also sent Lexus an email indicating my experience there...

Going for a test drive this morning (elsewhere....) :rolleyes:

I live in Jacksonville and bought my GS 450h from Lexus of Orlando last November (only because they had one the day i called) and had a great experience with every part of the dealership. I called and asked for the sales manager and then worked with a sales guy named Michael Greenspan: 407-435-0317.

Good luck.

I live in Jacksonville and bought my GS 450h from Lexus of Orlando last November (only because they had one the day i called) and had a great experience with every part of the dealership. I called and asked for the sales manager and then worked with a sales guy named Michael Greenspan: 407-435-0317.

Good luck.

Thanks. There must be more than one Lexus of Orland -- the one I was referring to is in Illinois....

:)

Good luck.

Thanks. There must be more than one Lexus of Orland -- the one I was referring to is in Illinois....

:)

Might help if i read more closely! I love my GS 450h. I absolutely love driving it. I have never loved driving a car, but I love this one. People find flaws with it and compare it to BMW for handling, Mercedes for... bla bla bla bla. Net net is that Lexus makes a great car, great quaility, and the driving experience in this car is something i love. And I drive a great deal for my job as a rep. Good luck! If you get it I hope you like it as much as I do.

Good luck! If you get it I hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks for your support! I always do this before buying a new car. I do too much research and end up getting paranoid because forums tend to focus on people's problems and gives a skewed view of things.

Mind if I ask what your real-world mileage is?