Rx Awd, Off Road Capabilities

fernandolpa

Maybe I am the only crazy guy that take out the road the RX.

It is incredible what the car can do and from where it climbs, even with road tyres.

But I am facing a problem, the traction control stops suddenly the car when the tyres stars to spin, and this is very unconvenient when driving ooutside the road.

Any way to disconeect the system just for out road driving?

It is incredible what the car can do and from where it climbs, even with road tyres.

But I am facing a problem, the traction control stops suddenly the car when the tyres stars to spin, and this is very unconvenient when driving ooutside the road.

Simply unplug the MAF/IAT sensor while the engine is running at idle, the engine will die, reconnect the MAF/IAT module and drive away. You will have CEL, VSC, TC failure indications for the next few drive cycles. VSC & TC are disabled any time there is CEL indication.

BUT.

I would NEVER advise taking an RX off-road, PERIOD.

Nice :D Always wanted to know how well the rx300 would do off road. I use to take my 76 Landcruiser wheelin all the time made the annual trip to Moab but had to sell it :cries: between repairs and gas wasn't economical to use it as my daily travel vehicle.

I travel allot of back roads fly fishing, camping and skiing you should keep us posted on your off road trips Id luv to know how the rx300 handled

You don't have a VSC disable button? My 330 has it by my right shin under the dash.

I can well see, understand, why a TC, Traction Control, disable capability would or could be desireable.

But I fail, completely, to understand why a VSC disable capability is desirerable outside of a REAL sports car at track time.