Real World Gs430 Exhaust Performance Results?

I started this thread because by searching exhaust systems I see hundreds of posts about this system or that but no real dyno numbers! I own a 2001 GS430 with SRT intake as my only mod to date. I've just ordered the S&S headers which I found lots of positive feedback on. I would like to add a cat back or just rear section exhaust when I get the headers installed. I'm concerned that many exhaust systems have piping that is too large in diameter thus reducing your low and mid range torque/Hp. I'd like to see some dyno numbers from those with various exhaust mods if they exist? Not just peak Hp/torque, but the entire curve before and after the system install.

Anyone have recommendations for a system where they did NOT notice loss of low end torque/Hp?

I started this thread because by searching exhaust systems I see hundreds of posts about this system or that but no real dyno numbers! I own a 2001 GS430 with SRT intake as my only mod to date. I've just ordered the S&S headers which I found lots of positive feedback on. I would like to add a cat back or just rear section exhaust when I get the headers installed. I'm concerned that many exhaust systems have piping that is too large in diameter thus reducing your low and mid range torque/Hp. I'd like to see some dyno numbers from those with various exhaust mods if they exist? Not just peak Hp/torque, but the entire curve before and after the system install.

Anyone have recommendations for a system where they did NOT notice loss of low end torque/Hp?

Thought I'd try again this evening.....anyone have any real numbers for exhaust systems?

• 8 months later...

You bring up a question I've had. I'm looking into an 04 or 05 GS430, and wondered what I can really expect out of it once I install the SRT intake. I don't want to / can't afford to do much more modification than that, and mainly don't want to change the sound of the exhaust. So, based on your experience, have you been able to notice an appreciable difference from when your GS was stock? I don't even know, can the GS430 smoke the tires from a standstill?