Goodridge Ss Brake Line Kit, Cant Install.

lexus082

Just purchased a Goodridge brake line kit from tirerack.com. It says on the box 93-98 Supra, its for a 94 Sc400. Should fit the sc as well. I can connect the hose that goes from the caliper but not the other end that connects to the stock metal brake line. I cant get the end of the metal brake line fitting down into the other brake line far enough so it will begin to thread. I know what I'm doing, I put the original brake hose back on at least three times without any problems...

Should I need to use excessive force to force the brake lines together so they will be close enough to thread together? Not too sure what to do. Has anyone bought a set of Goodridge brake lines and put them on a sc300 or sc400. I looked at other manufactures and it appeared they made a different kit ( different model #) for the sc's rather than the same kit made for the supra.

Well I tried it again with no luck. I guess its common sense, can take old one on and off repeatedly, but fail to even get the new one on once = wrong part. Hopefully, Tire Rack will take this kit back since I attempted to install. Pretty disappointed, I wonder how many other sc owners have had this problem. I think I will search else where for another kit. I dont feel like buying adaptors since it was supposed to be a direct bolt on. Maybe theres a difference in production dates of the sc's that changes the dimension of the brake line fitting? Well, now that I wasted all day with this its time for a beer. Thanks for your input jzz30.

Yep, the goodridge lines are long enough. The hole on the opposite end of the caliper is too narrow and it will not allow the line to seat properly inside the goodridge line. Its very close, but not close enough. That might make more sense.

Not sure on the box it just said 93-98 Supra. Is there a difference between the NA and TT applications? Caliper side was fine, it was just trying to connect the two lines together. I only tried the rear brake line, I didn't want to waste time just to see if the front would fit. Tire Rack said this has happened before on other cars, but I'm not sure if its happened to previous sc owners.