Supercharger For The Gss?

i'm looking to buy a GS430 in the coming months and i've got a couple questions for you guys.

i've been a nissan driver ever since i got my license and their service departments have chased me away :(.

anyhow, i'm looking to move from my 5th gen maxima to a 2nd gen gs or 540. considering that the new 5 series is due out pretty soon, i'm leaning more towards the lexus. my questions are:

1 - what's toyota/lexus' generation gap looking like? if i buy a new gs in november (assuming i get a 2k4), will there be a new design anytime soon? what's the buzz?

2 - what's the aftermarket looking like for the gs430? i've been tooling around and there doesn't seem to be too much support from TRD. specifically, i'm looking for a supercharger or turbo kit, don't need to mess around with boy-racer exhausts or crazy body kits. i'm too old for that now :D

thanks guys.

Having owned both a BMW and Lexus, I can tell you that Lexus is the way to go for several reasons:

1. You spoke about service. Lexus service is like nothing I have ever seen! BMW service is good, but can't compare.

2. Ultimately, a Lexus is a Toyota. We're talking ultra-high quality here. BMW's have always given me trouble, and they cost more to repair on top of it all!

3. Price. You'll get more from a GS than you will for the same money into a 5-Series.

The BMW may offer a sportier ride out of the box, but that's not to say the Lexus can't achieve the same level of performance with a little tweaking.

In my old job, I got to road test just about every car you can think of. My favs were and still are the Lexus. I'll never go to anything else in the foreseeable future.

i'm looking to buy a GS430 in the coming months and i've got a couple questions for you guys.

i've been a nissan driver ever since i got my license and their service departments have chased me away :(.

anyhow, i'm looking to move from my 5th gen maxima to a 2nd gen gs or 540. considering that the new 5 series is due out pretty soon, i'm leaning more towards the lexus. my questions are:

1 - what's toyota/lexus' generation gap looking like? if i buy a new gs in november (assuming i get a 2k4), will there be a new design anytime soon? what's the buzz?

2 - what's the aftermarket looking like for the gs430? i've been tooling around and there doesn't seem to be too much support from TRD. specifically, i'm looking for a supercharger or turbo kit, don't need to mess around with boy-racer exhausts or crazy body kits. i'm too old for that now :D

thanks guys.

My 2 cents.

1. It is rumored that the new GS is scheduled to come out in Japan fall of 2K4 and soon after the states as well.

2. The GS430 has plenty of acceleration(have you test drove one?) but if you need more you can add intake, piggyback ECU, exhaust(not all are loud) and change the torque converter.

:cheers:

Trust me, after driving the 430, you will be glad the nissan service departments drove you away!

I don't think Rod Millen Motorsports has a supercharger for the 4.3 yet, but I would be willing to bet that he will be coming out with one soon. Good luck! If you do end up buying the 430 and supercharging it, send us some pics...I want to see your setup! :lol::cheers:

Lexus service is uncomparable to others. They take care of almost everything. I've even had things on my car(bent rim, etc.) replaced after the warranty expired. I posted something like this earlier, but make friends with a specific service advisor, and maybe even buy him a gift. Sounds crazy, but that $50 gift will go a long ways after your warranty runs out. I gave my service guy a few good tickets to the Dodger game. It cost me $75 but he took his wife and 2 kids. the next time I was in for service, he couldn't stop thanking me and that's when he fixed a load of things for free. Trust me, it usually works.

I also looked at the 5 series BMW when I was looking for a car, but all my friends told me that only BMW should service the car and they will ream you everytime you go in. Spark plugs alone for the 5 series, are $24 each! Plus the ride the Lexus will give you is awesome.

With the Lexus previously owned vehicles, you might want to consider a used off lease 430. Lexus wont sell a used car that doesnt look and ride brand new.

Good luck, and stay away from the beamer.