Lx470

scrappyslexus

I am having trouble with the system. I have gotten two sets of new sensors, oil flush. The vehicle gets stuck in low on occasion. I got it to the dealer and they saw the problem but upon bringing it into the shop the truck went into normal mode. All test by the dealer checked out and they cannot find anything wrong with the system. Has anyone heard anything?

Those sensors tend to rust and go bad easily in salty environments. One can disassemble them, clean them out, and seal them up.

Those sensors tend to rust and go bad easily in salty environments. One can disassemble them, clean them out, and seal them up.

How do you get directions? The dealer is now saying that the hyd system was contaminated and needs to be flushed?? This will be the second time they do it.

The only way the fluid gets contaminated is if you put the wrong fluid in there. Are you sure they're using the Toyota AHC fluid in the 2.5 liter can? You can't use anything else in there.

Can you put the vehicle in N and H, or does it just stay in L? Is the center diff lock off?

The manual says if the AHC works but you can't put it in N or H, first check to make sure you don't have anything heavy in the vehicle (there is a weight limit of about 1200 lbs for passengers and all gear; if you exceed this, the vehicle won't go out of L). Then check to make sure there's enough fluid, check the DTC (diagnostic trouble code), do the input signal check, check the shock absorber AHC pressures, and then check the height sensors.

The only way the fluid gets contaminated is if you put the wrong fluid in there. Are you sure they're using the Toyota AHC fluid in the 2.5 liter can? You can't use anything else in there.

Can you put the vehicle in N and H, or does it just stay in L? Is the center diff lock off?

The manual says if the AHC works but you can't put it in N or H, first check to make sure you don't have anything heavy in the vehicle (there is a weight limit of about 1200 lbs for passengers and all gear; if you exceed this, the vehicle won't go out of L). Then check to make sure there's enough fluid, check the DTC (diagnostic trouble code), do the input signal check, check the shock absorber AHC pressures, and then check the height sensors.

The vehicle stayed in the L position. No response to bumps, speed or the button. I the past the truck would go back to the N mode after turning it off and starting it. The pump was making a winding noise, my thoughts were that the their is something in the system causing a blockage in the system. I would only hope that the dealer uses the correct fluid. They changed it back in July when they changed the sensors. The dealer did not charge me, what is your opinion on contacting Lexus national about the situation?

How do you check all those systems? Should I take it to an independant shop?

OK, OK, this may be a stupid question...We just bought an '02 LX470 a month ago. Sometimes when we're stopped and the engine is running the vehicle height adjusts by itself. Is that a normal thing, is something wrong or am I just having inner ear problems???

Doesn't the system sometimes adjust to the current conditions, depending on weight and how low the ground is, and other stuffs? :huh: Mine adjusts at certain times at stoplights and other occasions.

Merged these two topics so it'll be easier to find it in the future anyways the topic is almost related to each other.

OK, OK, this may be a stupid question...We just bought an '02 LX470 a month ago. Sometimes when we're stopped and the engine is running the vehicle height adjusts by itself. Is that a normal thing, is something wrong or am I just having inner ear problems???

Get it to the dealer. My 2000 truck did it back in 2003 and I needed new sensors the first time. Lexus should stand behind them.. My last sensor change (3rd time) was in 7-2006. I was told that their is an update which has the dealer reseal the sensors to keep moisture out. The only explanation from the dealer for my current problem is that the fluid was contaminated. I think that this is bull. Do you park your vehicle outside?

Get it to the dealer. My 2000 truck did it back in 2003 and I needed new sensors the first time. Lexus should stand behind them.. My last sensor change (3rd time) was in 7-2006. I was told that their is an update which has the dealer reseal the sensors to keep moisture out. The only explanation from the dealer for my current problem is that the fluid was contaminated. I think that this is bull. Do you park your vehicle outside?

The truck had 41675 miles on it.

When your are stopped, do you mean the transmission is in "D," "N," or "P?" If in D, something is wrong. If in N or P and the front drops a little after 5-10 seconds of shifting the tranny into that setting, this is normal. At least the '03 does it. The front will adjust once you put it in D, 4, 3, 2, L, or R.

During normal driving conditions, your lx will self level if the situation warrants it - i.e. you pull onto your sloped driveway, put it in park, and while searching for your wallet the truck will level itself.

But if your driving down the road and it begins to act like a low-rider in heat, then you have problems.

During normal driving conditions, your lx will self level if the situation warrants it - i.e. you pull onto your sloped driveway, put it in park, and while searching for your wallet the truck will level itself.

But if your driving down the road and it begins to act like a low-rider in heat, then you have problems.

Or you got too much weight in there! The max capacity is around 1200 lbs including passengers. If you exceed this, the AHC senses the weight and goes into L as a failsafe mode. The only way around this problem (if you sometimes drive w/ a full load, sometimes empty) is to run airbags in the coils.

Or you got too much weight in there! The max capacity is around 1200 lbs including passengers. If you exceed this, the AHC senses the weight and goes into L as a failsafe mode. The only way around this problem (if you sometimes drive w/ a full load, sometimes empty) is to run airbags in the coils.

I can vouch for that. During our Xmas trip, I used a hitch carrier for our luggage so it's weight coupled with seven passengers inside confused the hell out of the ride height. The indicator would show L or N without any driver intervention. Dealer said everythings checked out and we've had no problems since.

• 2 months later...
I am having trouble with the system. I have gotten two sets of new sensors, oil flush. The vehicle gets stuck in low on occasion. I got it to the dealer and they saw the problem but upon bringing it into the shop the truck went into normal mode. All test by the dealer checked out and they cannot find anything wrong with the system. Has anyone heard anything?

I had a problem last year where my truck stayed in the low mode and would not go back to the normal mode. Also I could not get it into the high mode. My lexus dealer replaced the system, they did it even though I was just over the 50,000 mile warranty. They said the car should not be doing this.

I had a problem last year where my truck stayed in the low mode and would not go back to the normal mode. Also I could not get it into the high mode. My lexus dealer replaced the system, they did it even though I was just over the 50,000 mile warranty. They said the car should not be doing this.

what in the system did they change? what lexus dealer?

What did they exactly replace? Which lexus dealer?