Techical Questions

I have a 2006 IS 350 and have a few techincal questions:

1) How do you watch a DVD? When I put one in, nothing seems to happen.

2) With voice control, is there any way to program the car to simply beep and not ALWAYS say "Please enter a voice command after the beep." ?

3) Has anyone reprogrammed their car so that ALL of the doors unlock when you approach with the SmartKey?

THANKS!!!

2) With voice control, is there any way to program the car to simply beep and not ALWAYS say "Please enter a voice command after the beep." ?

3) Has anyone reprogrammed their car so that ALL of the doors unlock when you approach with the SmartKey?

THANKS!!!

1)The non-Mark Levinson doesn't play DVDs.

2) Yes, it's in the menu system settings (I forgot what it's called, but it's obviously related.)

3) None of the doors unlock when "approached"; they unlock when you touch the back of the handle. No, I haven't done that; don't want the carjacker's door to open - just mine. But, I did change the way they unlock upon exiting the car. Tip: when it says to hold a button for "5 seconds", 4.9 or 5.1 is not good enough.

THANKS!!!

1)The non-Mark Levinson doesn't play DVDs.

2) Yes, it's in the menu system settings (I forgot what it's called, but it's obviously related.)

3) None of the doors unlock when "approached"; they unlock when you touch the back of the handle. No, I haven't done that; don't want the carjacker's door to open - just mine. But, I did change the way they unlock upon exiting the car. Tip: when it says to hold a button for "5 seconds", 4.9 or 5.1 is not good enough.

If you have the ML and it still isn't playing, make sure you have the parking brake on as it will not display unless you do. :)

• 1 month later...

you can change the setting for all the doors to unlock by yourself.

sit in the car and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on your keyfob for about 5 sec. you will hear a beep and see the change onr your info screen.

you can also do it outside the car, but obviously you can't see the screen.

if your stereo is ML then you need to depress the parking brake to watch dvd. no ML= no dvd.

• 2 weeks later...

you can change the setting for all the doors to unlock by yourself.

sit in the car and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on your keyfob for about 5 sec. you will hear a beep and see the change onr your info screen.

you can also do it outside the car, but obviously you can't see the screen.

if your stereo is ML then you need to depress the parking brake to watch dvd. no ML= no dvd.

Thanks. I just tried this on an '07 IS250 and it worked. Now it will be much easier to open up the doors to put my kids in the back seat! It seemed to take a little more than 5 seconds - maybe 10.