All Good Things...

Catch-22

Well my fling with my '93 ES300 is coming to an end. "Another" has caught my eye and I've decided to sell it and depart as friends... lol.

How's that for drama? But it's true, the new-(er) car is an excellent deal with a known history, so my '93 is already listed on Craig's list. What am I replacing it with?

A 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier edition. Silver, blacked out windows, 17 in. wheels and more leather than texas. lol... I know, it's a far cry from the lithe little ES, but with air ride and the new steering/suspension/frame design, it isn't quite the "Queen Mary". 50,000 miles, I know the owner and it's priced at half the book value, I was hooked.

So thank you to the regular posters for the volume of information on my '93. I'll say this for Lexus, they are well engineered and easy to fix, that's an unusual combination these days.

Now... if I ran across a used SC430 down the road, (and my "Accountant" approved... lol), I might very well be back.

Great forum... until next time then

I remember driving an 03 towncar as a rental. I liked it alot. Driving big cars is very comforting . Even though TC's are huge beyond belief they are very easy to drive. The 03+ handle pretty decently too compared to older models.

One qualm i have with the TC is that its only has 239 hp. It should have at least 300 like the cheaper mustang gt.

Another thing i wish TC's had a tachometer. I think the new ones have them now.

I'm sure that towncar will be just as reliable as your ES. Those things are tanks.

A 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier edition. Silver, blacked out windows, 17 in. wheels and more leather than texas. lol... I know, it's a far cry from the lithe little ES, but with air ride and the new steering/suspension/frame design, it isn't quite the "Queen Mary". 50,000 miles, I know the owner and it's priced at half the book value, I was hooked.
Congrats! Those TCs are great! B) What options does your car have? Nav/hids/etc.?
I remember driving an 03 towncar as a rental. I liked it alot. Driving big cars is very comforting . Even though TC's are huge beyond belief they are very easy to drive. The 03+ handle pretty decently too compared to older models.

One qualm i have with the TC is that its only has 239 hp. It should have at least 300 like the cheaper mustang gt.

Another thing i wish TC's had a tachometer. I think the new ones have them now.

I'm sure that towncar will be just as reliable as your ES. Those things are tanks.

Well said. They added a tach in '06. ;)
A TC? Really?? You're going to have to replace the intake manifold and gasket in no time. Good luck.
If he had bought a '96-'01, I'd agree with you (Ford would foot the bill though.), but I haven't heard of any major problems with the '03+ models.

Ahhh...lol, how quickly they turn on you!!!

I have a dozen or so people coming to see my ES, talk about bittersweet feelings. So, there I was in my freshly buffed up Lexus today, cruising along the highway at 100 MPH and wondering if I should keep it. It's a cult I tell you! lol... You and your kind have sucked me in with engineering... and glossy paint, and high revving engines...and, and... okay, so I over dramatize a little....

It appears you'll likely be having a noob asking '93 ES questions and searching the archives soon. I'll expect you'll have kind words for those that have fallen from the fold, lol.

Oh... the TC does have everything under the Sun, to answer that question, well....except that superchip...hmmmmm