Service Maintaince Sign On Dash Board

milknkwokies10

Hi I have a lexus RX 330 2005. I think all lexuses have this feature of the service maintaince sign coming on after 5000 or so miles after each oil change from the dealer. I didnt go to the dealer this time and they didnt turn off the service maintaince sign on the dash board. Is there a way that I can do it myself itself of going into the dealership?

Hi I have a lexus RX 330 2005. I think all lexuses have this feature of the service maintaince sign coming on after 5000 or so miles after each oil change from the dealer. I didnt go to the dealer this time and they didnt turn off the service maintaince sign on the dash board. Is there a way that I can do it myself itself of going into the dealership?

Yes. This should be in the archives using the search function.

Here is the gist of it.

1. put key in ignition

2. hold odometer reset button down

3. turn key to run (NOT to start)

4. hold for X seconds (don't remember exactly - 5 seconds?)

5. wait for light to reset

6. turn key off

• 1 year later...

Yes. This should be in the archives using the search function.

Here is the gist of it.

1. put key in ignition

2. hold odometer reset button down

3. turn key to run (NOT to start)

4. hold for X seconds (don't remember exactly - 5 seconds?)

5. wait for light to reset

6. turn key off

A couple of things to add:

1. Make sure that you are looking at the odometer reading (total miles traveled) and not the Trip A or Trip B readings when you hold the ODO re-set button down.

2. As you hold the ODO button down, you should eventually see three dashed lines appear (in place of the odometer reading).

3. Keep the ODO button down until all three lines have disappeared. Once they disappear, the service maintenance indicator light should extinguish and the odometer reading will return.