Help! 1990 Rear Shocks

glenmore

I did the fronts yesterday and now attempting the rears. This is without having to take out the rear axels. So everything is unhooked and I can see that the axel is in the way of dropping the shock. Am I trying to drop the shock in front of the axel towards the front of the car or to the back of the axel? Does simultaneously trying to depress the rear suspension help? What's the trick?

Thanks,

glenmore

1990 LS400

I did the fronts yesterday and now attempting the rears. This is without having to take out the rear axels. So everything is unhooked and I can see that the axel is in the way of dropping the shock. Am I trying to drop the shock in front of the axel towards the front of the car or to the back of the axel? Does simultaneously trying to depress the rear suspension help? What's the trick?

Thanks,

glenmore

1990 LS400

i think i have it now. found post by danw. said to rotate shock 90 degrees, drop in front of axel then with foot on brake disk, manipulate suspension. i did this and it dropped right out. when i reinstalled i started from behind the axel. on to the other side!

thanks,

glenmore