Tires For 2000 Rx300

Kaye

I need new tires for my RX300.Front wheel drive. What brand and style should I get? I want a smooth ride and as little noise as possible. I have thought about Michelin Cross Terine and Michelin Symmetry. If there is another brand cheaper I would like that info also. I have been told I will be paying for name. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaye

I have Yoko Geolandar tires (around $100 each at Discount Tire). The ride is smooth and quiet though I don't know if the Michelins are more quiet but these are better than the stock tires for sure.

I have put 22k miles on them and there is just little tread wear. You may want to check out www.tirerack.com. They have reviews for just about everything.

I have Yoko Geolandar tires (around $100 each at Discount Tire). The ride is smooth and quiet though I don't know if the Michelins are more quiet but these are better than the stock tires for sure.

I have put 22k miles on them and there is just little tread wear. You may want to check out www.tirerack.com. They have reviews for just about everything.

I prefer Dunlops, have better rating than Michelins. Try tire rack or discount tires. Don't get their warranty, it's useless. You have to take it to a tire shop, and they just refund your money, prorated.

If you are a BJ's or Sam's or Costco member they have these tires, road hazzard, tire rotation with balancing and flat fix (actual patching with balancing) are included in the price.

I ran a set of Firestone Destination LE tires on my wife's 2000 RX300 AWD for more than 52,000 miles before we sold the vehicle about three weeks ago. Great tire for the money. Fantastic wet traction, comfortable ride, and obviously long treadwear lifespan. They were rated higher than any of the Michelins at tirerack.com and were about half the Michelin price as well. Go to tirerack.com and check out numerous tires that will fit your application.

The Yokohama Geolander HT/S G051 tires (mentioned by a poster above) are also highly rated and priced very competitively.

I tried several supposedly quiet tire types on my 92 LS and finally settled on Bridgestone Turanza summer only, which is what has been on my 2001 AWD RX300 for about 50,000 miles and will need to be replaced before next winter.

Quiet and comfortable riding.

I need new tires for my RX300.Front wheel drive. What brand and style should I get? I want a smooth ride and as little noise as possible. I have thought about Michelin Cross Terine and Michelin Symmetry. If there is another brand cheaper I would like that info also. I have been told I will be paying for name. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaye

I've got about 20k miles on A set of Dayton Timberline HT's. These are great tires at a really great price. CR rated them 3rd out of about 20 they tested in (05 when I bought them) and they were only $75 a piece installed at Tire Pro's. I've had them in light snow and rain and they work well and seem to be holding up very well.

Also, they dont look too "chunky" on the RX as some AT tires tend too look and even better they not ridiculously loud, like many suv (truck) tires tend to be. Realisticly, the RX 300 is a car/van and not a truck so shoe it accordingly.

For me dry traction was most important (since its dry 95% of the time here) but these had good wet performance as well (in the tests). I didnt pay too much attention to ice or snow traction review ratings, but these seemed to do fine the couple times I had them in those conditions.

If you do a lot of highway driving the noise factor will be more important then you might imagine, it was for me and the Timberlines we're "reasonably" quiet. Not like true car tires but definitely not like truck tires.

I fly fish, pontoon, & camp in the summer Ski, board & ice fish in the winter. So I wanted good all terrain or all season tire. Replaced some Michelin Cross Terrains for some Goodyear Forteza triple treads. WORTH EVERY PENNY

Not only are they quieter on the Highway then the Michelins but it feels like they grip better, corners are alot tighter. I travel allot of back country roads run into mud, ice, snow with no trouble. I wouldn't suggest any serious off road wheeling but then again your in a Lexus but these tires have proven them selves over and over again