Are You Satisfied ?

Aykhan

I'm going to buy LX-470 or Mercedes ML-350. They cost in our country Azerbaijan respectively 67 K $ and 62 K$ . Which one do you recommend if you take into account that I want a SUV but in 99% of the cases I'll use it on normal roads.

Of course, Lexus is wider, longer and richer inside. This doesn't frighten me. But I'm afraid of an acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h which is specified in Lexus as 10 sec while in ML 8.5 sec. Tell me please, are you satisfied with the speed of LX on the normal roads ?

Has it special Turbo mode for faster acceleration ?

I'm going to buy LX-470 or Mercedes ML-350. They cost in our country Azerbaijan respectively 67 K $ and 62 K$ . Which one do you recommend if you take into account that I want a SUV but in 99% of the cases I'll use it on normal roads.

Of course, Lexus is wider, longer and richer inside. This doesn't frighten me. But I'm afraid of an acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h which is specified in Lexus as 10 sec while in ML 8.5 sec. Tell me please, are you satisfied with the speed of LX on the normal roads ?

Has it special Turbo mode for faster acceleration ?

I love my LX. I too was looking at the M class. Went fro a test ride. Did not like the blan feel of the SUV. Go for the LX You will be happy, i know i am....

TRD (Toyota Racing Department) offer a suprcharger for the V8 Tundra, as the LX470 has the same motor it would seem logical that installation should be possible. The Mercedes of recent time's have had problems with build quality and reliability. I would suggest that the LX470 is a superior vehicle.

Regards

David

ellieoh, spoke to a dealer here in southern california (actually e-mail). His response was TRD is working on a supercharger kit specifically for the 2003 LX. he said he would notify me when the kit is out!!

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a new 2004 LX470 and could not be more happy. The night vision is a real hoot and really helps on those long dark country roads. My friend has the Mecedes and love my 470 way better. No doubt about the quality but there IS a difference in price. This is my 3rd LX470 so you know I am sold. :cheers:

I've had my LX since I got my license. I love it and wouldn't go with any other SUV. The acceleration isn't a problem at all. Just because the Mercedes can do its in 2 seconds less, doesnt mean it's better in anyway. Think about it, how long is 2 seconds really in normal driving?

-Robert

The TRD supercharger offered for the 4.7L engine will fit the LX470. I have a friend who fit one in his engine. No worries with that.

I would select the LX470 over the M350 any day of the week (M55, maybe not! :) )

Accelleration is not bad at all. After a couple months, any 1.5 second difference between the two, would not be noticable.

Doug

The ml is a better performing truck hands down.

But it reliability of late for the Ml is horendous with problems.If you don;t mind having to go to the dealer to get repairs often then get the ML.Otherwise the LX is a proven platform for reliability and a supple ride.

Question about the TRD Supercharger:

Do you see a huge differences in pickup?

What is the HP and Torque now on your LX470?

What is the cost to install the Supercharger?

Who installed it for you?

I am very satisfy with my 03 LX470, but you can never have enough power. Sorry about all these question, but I am very interested in putting in a Supercharger.

Thanks

Mad

The supercharger is not in mine, but in a friends.

He is extremely satisifed with the extra power. There is a huge difference in pick up.

I don' t recall the HP/torque #s, but those are easy enough to find on the web.

Cost to install at a qualified shop is about $1000. Cost of the supercharger is about $2000 to $2500.

If you want to maintain your warranty, Toyota has to install it for you.

Doug

No more maintenance than without.

You'll need to run premium fuel -- that's the main diff.

Life expenctency? Depends on how hard you run the engine. Some people develop a serious lead foot once the blower's installed. This can lead to problems -- but it's not the fault of the supercharger, necessarily.

I haven't heard of long term problems with a supercharger.

Doug