Symptoms Of Control Arms Gone Bad?

rwallican

I hear a rubbing noise when I turn either left or right. It's getting louder and more frequent. Is this a sign of the control arms, suspension, etc???? My mechanic told me about a year ago that I was starting to leak PS fluid but said we should just wait to see what happens. I'm due for an oil change next week so I'll let him take a look at it but thought I'd get some opinions from some of you as well.

I hear a rubbing noise when I turn either left or right. It's getting louder and more frequent. Is this a sign of the control arms, suspension, etc???? My mechanic told me about a year ago that I was starting to leak PS fluid but said we should just wait to see what happens. I'm due for an oil change next week so I'll let him take a look at it but thought I'd get some opinions from some of you as well.

What size are your wheels?

20" but it doesn't have anything to do with them. The problem was diagnosed back in Jan 06 and, I made a mistake, it was the rack and pinion that was going out. Went to the shop today and was told they'll replace it for $1100. That beats $2500 at the dealer!!