Navigation Question.

Navigation question.

2007 RX350

What do the small white dots with a red centers on the route streets and neighboring freeways mean? On the freeways they seem to be evenly spaced and residential street the spacing varies, sometimes clustered. Unable you find answer in manual.

Thanks in advance.

should be do not enter

I don't think that's it, on a residential streets there's an awful lot of dots yet nowhere one can possible enter or exit mid block. On the freeways It's evenly spaced but not a on of off ramp. Residential areas spaced like

. . . .... .. .. .... .. ...... . . ... . and freeways like . . . . . . with about a 1/2 inch between ea dot.

Small white dots with red pinpointed centers located right on the line indicating indicating a roadway.

should be do not enter

I don't think that's it, on a residential streets there's an awful lot of dots yet nowhere one can possible enter or exit mid block. On the freeways It's evenly spaced but not a on of off ramp. Residential areas spaced like

. . . .... .. .. .... .. ...... . . ... . and freeways like . . . . . . with about a 1/2 inch between ea dot.

Small white dots with red pinpointed centers located right on the line indicating indicating a roadway.

I have the same thing on my nav and don't have a clue as to it's meaning.

What do the small white dots with a red centers on the route streets and neighboring freeways mean? On the freeways they seem to be evenly spaced and residential street the spacing varies, sometimes clustered. Unable you find answer in manual.

These confused me at first too. If they are on streets that you drive, then it's the breadcrumbs feature. Like Hansel & Gretel, you can you leave a trail behind you in case you want to retrace your steps. To turn it off and on, press "Map View" in the map screen and see the "Trace Route" option.

When they are clustered, that's the part where you were doing donuts in the street. ;-)