Anyone Used Vft Bushes

miamistyle

I'm looking to replace my lower control arm bushings on my '96 LS400 and am trying to go with rubber opposed to polyurethane. I came across this company http://www.vftbushes.com/ out of Australlia. The lowers run about $258 US dollars.

They also have the sterring rack bushings for about $43.

Anybody know anything about this brand or know of anything comparable besides Daizens?

Miami, I spoke with Andrew a couple of years ago "he's the owner", and at that time, he did not have the genII model bushings made, and when he did have them done, he wasn't going to sell them in the states without a major distributor backing. I wasn't sure what he meant by all of that, but i decided to just go with the oem stuff. They look great! But I'm not sure he actually has them made for the 1995+ models???

Miami, I spoke with Andrew a couple of years ago "he's the owner", and at that time, he did not have the genII model bushings made, and when he did have them done, he wasn't going to sell them in the states without a major distributor backing. I wasn't sure what he meant by all of that, but i decided to just go with the oem stuff. They look great! But I'm not sure he actually has them made for the 1995+ models???

Yep they got 'em for the 95+ now. I'm trying to stay OEM myself, but saw these with the rubber opposed to the poly stuff and was just wondering.

Looks like I dodged the control arm bushings for now! :whistles:

The reason I aksed is I got a clunking on bumps and hard braking. The dealer said LCA bushings and my indi Lexus shop said strut rods. I didn't know who to believe. :(

I just got back from my Lexus shop and he assured me my LCA bushings are fine, and said my strut rods are the culprit as you mentioned in a previous post of mine. Cost is $208 for the pair OEM strut rods and $120 labor = $328 total. I keep on letting him know how much LexusPartsOnline will charge me for the parts and he pretty much matches or comes reasonably close. I'll be getting the work done tommorow, I let you know how she feels.

I would recoomend these to anyone.

They are as close to factory as possible without having to replace all the arms and stuff.

If anyone needs them I can act as a middle man if needed.

If you go to www.soarercentral.com and search for vft there youll find heaps of info

• 2 weeks later...