What Price Should I Go For?

Looking at new 2007 MRSP $51,500.

How much below can I get it for.

I have 2 dealers near me and one said he would take $1500 off but to let him know if someone else is lower.

Yes I can play the game but what are you folks getting.

I am in Oregon and there is good demand for these up here.

Thanks all!

Also they have a 2007 used with 3500 mile on it. Any thoughts?

Looking at new 2007 MRSP $51,500.

How much below can I get it for.

I have 2 dealers near me and one said he would take $1500 off but to let him know if someone else is lower.

Yes I can play the game but what are you folks getting.

I am in Oregon and there is good demand for these up here.

Thanks all!

Also they have a 2007 used with 3500 mile on it. Any thoughts?

FWIW, I purchased a 2006 Vintage RX 400H loaded (tow package, wood interior, NAVI, XENON, Heated Seats, Lexus Winter mats w/ cargo liner, Chrome factory 18" wheels, w/ extra set of Chrome Factory 18" wheels), with 8068 miles on the odometer (Lexus certified, super clean inside and out), production date was May 2006 and was dealer PDI'ed in June, only one owner prior to my purchase, and got it for $42,995US. I got the color and interior I wanted. To me, it made perfect sense and was a deal I couldn't pass up. Car was from Texas, hence no winters either.

Good Luck.

Jditom, here's a previous post I made about my 07 RX400h purchase:

Husker. I only made a few calls, mostly adjacent states. Then I called three local dealers and essentially told them I had firm quotes as low as $1500 over invoice. Two immediately said they would match the price The third didn't call back. Be careful however to get the out-the-door price as doc fees etc can vary. My 07 came out to be:

$48,306 invoice

$42,772 dealer cost

$ 1,500 dealer profit

$44,272 my price

$ 412 misc fees

$44,684 total before sales tax, license and registration fees

I don't think that there is any shortage of RX400h's, so a dealer will likely do whatever he needs to do to keep from losing a sale. Also there is always additional profit for the dealer with end-of-the-year holdback, which is a somewhat guarded number.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Husker. I only made a few calls, mostly adjacent states. Then I called three local dealers and essentially told them I had firm quotes as low as $1500 over invoice. Two immediately said they would match the price The third didn't call back. Be careful however to get the out-the-door price as doc fees etc can vary. My 07 came out to be:

$48,306 invoice

$42,772 dealer cost

$ 1,500 dealer profit

$44,272 my price

$ 412 misc fees

I don't think that there is any shortage of RX400h's, so a dealer will likely do whatever he needs to do to keep from losing a sale. Also there is always additional profit for the dealer with end-of-the-year holdback, which is a somewhat guarded number.

Hope this helps.

Tom

See http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@...a30.ef79a27/259 for my story...

In short,

MSRP: 51346

Public invoice: 45741

Payed 46650 (without TTL) with no fees or dealer prep. (ok $50 for overnight documents back and forth, but no biggie).

Holdback isn't that guarded anymore, and I did find out a few other numbers as well... I might have been able to do a little better, but it was still a reasonable deal.

The local dealers would do a whole heck of a lot for me, so I bought it out of state and had it shipped.... still cheaper than the best deal I could get here.

One dealer came back and he is at $3000 below MSRP!

We are looking better.

$48,306 invoice

$42,772 dealer cost

$ 1,500 dealer profit

$44,272 my price

$ 412 misc fees

Hope this helps.

Tom

See http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@...a30.ef79a27/259 for my story...

In short,

MSRP: 51346

Public invoice: 45741

Payed 46650 (without TTL) with no fees or dealer prep. (ok $50 for overnight documents back and forth, but no biggie).

Holdback isn't that guarded anymore, and I did find out a few other numbers as well... I might have been able to do a little better, but it was still a reasonable deal.

The local dealers would do a whole heck of a lot for me, so I bought it out of state and had it shipped.... still cheaper than the best deal I could get here.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got our RX400H at $500 over Invoice ($5000 below MSRP) and we are in the SF Bay Area.

This is how we got this great price. First I wrote an email listing the minimum options, in our case, White and NAVI, and offered $500 over invoice and said we were ready to pay today in cash. I then went to Lexus and emailed every dealer within 100 miles of us the same email.

I received a response from every one, some didn't have the color and the ones that did would not go that low. Most were $1500 over invoice and one was $1000 over. However, one called and met my price over the phone. The cool thing is that there was no haggling.... If ther couldn't do it, they said so, if they could then they followed through.

Hate to tell everyone this "secret" way of getting a great price, but when you go to Lexus Dealers, one thing is very clear - there is ALOT of money being made by the Dealers!