What Other Vehicles Do You Have?

Suburbazine

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

starting them all the time and keeping the batteries charged

oh yea. If you don't start those suckers up, the batteries really go. My CRV in the Philippines, bought new in Nov 97 w/86 kilometers, currently at about 10,500 kilometers, been through 2 batteries and a new set of tires. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Actually I disagree, I don't think the LS gets you much attention at all. One of the things I like about it.

The LS460's design is subtle, not too flashy or loud. If the design is like the H2s or something kinda radical (even the FJ Cruiser which I kinda like) you start to grow tired of them right away. That's what I liked even in the LS430s is that they had a subtle design that I would still look at even 10 yrs down the road. Now the "maybach" looking S class wasn't one of the design I like, sorry to say. But I would buy an S class if I wanted to resemble a Maybach, which costs $100k more than a loaded S600.

the maybachs are just plain ugly. No doubt about it. Sorry to anyone who owns one here :D

their big, and look like a bloated S class.

well sure common folk will adore mercedes more than lexus...but thats beginning to change. My parents when lexus started out said they would never buy a toyota for those prices. lol. Look at where we are now. ITs a whole new world, and its only been 20 years. Another 10 and i see lexus right next to mercedes, kinda. There are some people out there who already see it, and others will just take time. It will happen one day of another.

Oh its definately changing. Listen to how people talk, saying things are the "Lexus of this" or the "Lexus of that", they have come a long way in the 17 years they've been around. Still though, I don't think they'll ever unseat Mercedes and BMW as the ultimate working rich car.

Thats because you have an interest in Lexus. To the "common folk" a Mercedes will always draw more attention than a Lexus.

I agree the Mercedes have more s*x apeal then any of Lexus's.... The 500 series and AMG's look pretty sporty too me.... Engineering and reliability still goes to Lexus though....

they'll ever unseat Mercedes and BMW

ever is quite a long time...are you sure its not ever ever?

im sure at some point, maybe not in my lifetime, maybe not in my kids lifetime, lexus will be considered equal

You're comparing a car with 17 years of history with cars that have in Mercedes case 100 years and in BMWs case, what, 70? 60? Its just never gonna happen. The car already outsells BMW and Mercedes, but as far as "prestige factor", no way. Lexus are way too commonplace.

Not that anyone cares, but if Mercedes weren't ranked bottom of the barrel for reliability I probably would've gone that route... ah blasphemy, who am i kidding i love my gs.

Everyone would have all things being equal. Mercedes is just more prestigious a brand.

:huh:

It is funny...most of the time when people see my wife's car ( C230 ) they are like WoW must be nice to have a Mercedes Benz...I get a few comments about my RX330 but not near as many as she gets. We left a dinner with some of the my wife's co workers and one of the ladies was going on and on about my wife's car, and this lady was driving a GMC Envoy Denali...it more than likely cost just as much or more than my wife's car. I drove her car to work a few days ago and I had about 3 customers come in the office and say who has got the Mercedes...This is all fine with me...I am in one of those types of jobs too...you want people to know that you are successful but you do not want them to think that you are making to much money either...

I think it has to do with sedan vs SUV also. In my experience having an SUV negates a lot of the prestige of owning a luxury brand. I get a lot of feedback on my Lexus. However again I have no doubt you'll get MORE feedback on the Mercedes.

I think it has to do with sedan vs SUV also. In my experience having an SUV negates a lot of the prestige of owning a luxury brand. I get a lot of feedback on my Lexus. However again I have no doubt you'll get MORE feedback on the Mercedes.

what would make you think that SUVs don't get as much attention as cars? have you yourself owned a luxury SUV and a luxury sedan at the same time? for that matter have you personally ever owned a luxury SUV ever?

what would make you think that SUVs don't get as much attention as cars? have you yourself owned a luxury SUV and a luxury sedan at the same time? for that matter have you personally ever owned a luxury SUV ever?

Luxury car > :chairshot: < Luxury SUV

Really it comes down to the type of vehicle. Sure, some luxury cars can't hold a candle to some SUVs, and vice versa. If I were to park my truck next to, say, a Mercedes (not a really cool tricked out mercedes ;) ), it might get more looks. Park it next to a Lamborghini and that's really no contest.

Funny, no one ever mentioned that Land Rovers (mainly Range Rovers) get that "prestige" comments, or is there a generation gap?? A typical teenage, high school girl's dream sweet 16 car (no not from the MTV Sweet 16 show), is a Range Rover (or Range rover Sport now, since it's cheaper).

but anyways, Mercedes does have that prestige image. But I disagree that the luxury SUVs downgrades the luxury experience. I've gotten quite a lot of comments on my GX, even up to this point that there's a GX in every corner. :wacko: I think maybe the color of the vehicle sometimes give the vehicle more or less attention. :geek:

I love those range rover sports! they look so pimped out, lol

i think that usually, the big 4 (merc, bmw, audi, lexus) gets looks in either direction with w/e car you have there.

oh, and at first, i didnt like the Audi SUV, but the macho look of the front is growing on me...

Really it comes down to the type of vehicle. Sure, some luxury cars can't hold a candle to some SUVs, and vice versa. If I were to park my truck next to, say, a Mercedes (not a really cool tricked out mercedes ;) ), it might get more looks. Park it next to a Lamborghini and that's really no contest.

Exactly, SUVs can get just as much attention as comparable and approximately equally priced cars, if not more attention. For that matter, is there anything under 100K that will get more attention than a Lamborghini? :lol:

Can I EVER post an opinion without you jumping down my throat and giving me the third degree? I'm happy to discuss my opinions with whomever wants to, but I'm not going to justify my right to have an opinion on a subject to you.

To everyone else who wants to discuss this topic instead of demand proof that I have the experience to formulate an opinion. I don't know why, but in my experience luxury cars attract more attention than luxury SUVs. RXs, GXs, MDXs, etc tend to be looked at as family transportation which isn't as affluent. I know I'm not drawn to luxury SUVs the way I am to luxury cars.

Now, when you get into Range Rovers, Escalades, Navigators etc its a little bit of a different story. Even things like X5s, I think it has to do with the "mommy mobile" stigma.

Who cares if people look at you anyways?

Call me crazy but those were valid questions to ask someone when they make an extremely wide generalization. You need to look at the glass half full and stop thinking that I keep "jumping down your throat."

Exactly, SUVs can get just as much attention as comparable and approximately equally priced cars, if not more attention. For that matter, is there anything under 100K that will get more attention than a Lamborghini? :lol:

Yeah, a Lotus Elise would get you the same attention, just hope one of those attention !Removed! SUV's don't run you over.

Those things are tiny! I want to drive one, it looks really fun. They're relatively cheap too, around 40k i think.

I think they go for a little more, but they sure are fun! I drove one around in the south of france, Fun like a go kart with 180hp!