What Other Vehicles Do You Have?

Suburbazine

Well, wow factors when you're in a business like mine are a double edged sword. On the one hand people like to do buisness with someone who is successful and a nice luxury sedan really goes a long way towards giving off an image of success. However, you don't want to seem like you make TOO much money. There are a couple people in my office that have S550s but they do mainly really upper bracket stuff and work a lot with builders in the $1.5M+ bracket. I do stuff all over the place.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I learned sitting in all the other Mercedes models and then sitting in the S class, there are only two Mercedes I would purchase, the S550 or the CLS500. All the other ones (the sedans, didn't spend time with the SL, CL, SLK etc) the E, C, etc are completely unappealing from an interior space and comfort point of view to me.

Just a little info to digest....

I have a friend whom is currently a certified mechanic at the Mercedes Dealership...He also has years of experience at the Porchse Dealership too... Very knowledgeable...

He tells me the newer Mercedes, especially the AMG's are prone to break down and trouble...Even though the car will be under warrenty you may find it spending alot of time at the Dealership for repairs...

The newer Lexus's are designed and built much better for the long haul...

Something to consider.... Infact my friend says there is a newly purchased SL500 parked outside the dealership everyday with a sign on every window saying "I bought a lemon"...The owner of that car has been to dealership 10 times for repairs in four months after purchasing the new car...He is filing a lawsuit again Mercedes and just leaves the car there every day...The dealership is going crazy over this according to my friend and losing business....

I've heard similar stories, of course I also know people with Mercedes that have been trouble free.

On the whole though, there's no question a Lexus is going to be more reliable.

Very true. My friend's mom's 06 E350 had the whole Nav screen and controls replaced, and now it's starting to screw up again! :wacko:

Actually, my friend bought the S550 with two options. Standard is a heated leather steering wheel and he opted for the leather/ wood, not heated..since he lives in florida. He also opted for the rear seat and back window sunshades. MSRP $89k. Not bad. Has everything else as standard that I have except parktronic and no heated rear seats. Been in NOLA and trying to hook up with Blake so he can give his opinion. I know he will like the headroom and seats. LOL...Maybe.

Eh, even at $89k there would be options I'd want, for instance bluetooth phone, keyless go, satellite radio, parktronic, distronic etc. I priced one out and with everything I'd want it was $97k. That includes bluetooth, keyless go, satellite radio, parktronic, distronic plus, upgraded leather, and upgraded wheels (a lot for only $8k). No ABC suspension, its $4k and the one I drove rode great without it.

Hey Blake, have you sat in an LS460? Seems to me like the tracks are a LOT longer than the LS430.
I never have. I haven't even seen one up close. I've only gotten a glimpse of two of them in person, and they were going opposite of me on the interstate. What's funny is that you dislike the E class's comfort, and I think it's excellent! LOL
I know he will like the headroom and seats. LOL...Maybe.
I'm sure it will be great. The smaller E class (w211) is tops in comfort (and in looks and ride.) to me, so its big brother should only be better! Made it back to Lake Charles in 2 hours from NO?? I guess you just kept it over 100 the whole way! LOL

Its not that the E class is uncomfortable, its just not luxurious. I like soft leather, padded armrests, padded dash panels and soft touch plastics. The E class is just very...German. Firm seats, rough hard leather, etc. Not my thing.

Plus, with the front seat adjusted to my comfort, rear passenger space is significantly less than my ES.

02 gs300 (55k)

99 Mazda 626 V6 (160k)

99 Infiniti I30 (120k)

03 Acura 3.2 TL (55k)

95 Ford Explorer (75k)

98 Chevy Blazer (112k)

97 Cadillac Catera (not running) (60k)

00 Toyota Solara v6 (31k)

89 Mitsubishi Galant Sigma (115k)

I guess I have a slight car addiction. All but two of the cars are insured and driven routinely by myself of my next of kin or relatives that come to visit. The Mitsubishi has seen its last day so I'm junking that one and the catera soon.

Parking nine cars must suck for you.

Let me ad to that.......

Driving nine cars would be a challenge to say the least let alone just starting them all the time and keeping the batteries charged.... The good news is all those cars will have low miles when it's time to sell them...Heck, you can open up a small used car lot when it's time to unload them... ;)

Okay Guys, my finaly analysis on the S550 compared to my 02 LS430. The 550 has gone back to Forida for a while. 1000 miles in 13 hours. DRIVING FOOL..lol.. As you could tell, I was impressed with the 550. Just took a spin in the 430 and will tell you, for the money, a fine machine. Hence, the money, the S550 is probably the the height of auto engineering inside and out. Keep in mind 5k miles versus 72k miles and 5 years. If I was to buy today and had an extra $25k I would choose the 550. Don't know the 460 and have never driven one, but have seated myself in one. Not at all more impressive than a S550. The finest auto I have ever driven, and I have been in a few. The 430 is like a comfort zone and "reliable". $25k difference, If you have the bucks then a S550...We will wait and see the reliability of the 550 versus the 460 but as of now, for the bang for the buck step up to a 430...from your 400's, you will "not" be disappointed. I hoped I have served you well and will keep you posted on both cars.

Parking nine cars must suck for you.

Yep it does... even worse when the stoner old brother forgets what state he parked in. Although the explorer and acura are in florida right now... the only car that was purchased new was the mazda and mitsubishi.

Its a wonderful car no doubt. But, $25k more? I'd be inclined to purchase an LS460 and then buy some sort of fun weekend car for the same money. If you're leasing, who knows maybe the extra $300 a month isn't that hard to swallow, but $25,000?

I'll probably wind up in one of them someday just for the experience, but the LS is a whole lot of car for $25k less.

well...a rather nicely equipped LS will reach 82 grandish with everything except for the 4 seating configuration. Granted, you cant get that price for the options on the S class. I would take the LS...probably because of the price still. both cars will give you a considerable amount of attention.