Where Is My Fuel Goin Into?

sheab

ummm seem like i have all the problem . can anyone tell me why my 91 ls400 burn too much feul its like if i put 30 gas and then drive 25 min on local trafic and the 30 is gone ummm spending too much money on gas...is it normal if not can anyone tell what i should do to get it back to normal track?

What do you mean by putting 30 gas in it? If you meant that $30.00 in gas was gone in 25 minutes, then no, that's not normal.

sorry my bad .. i mean to say if i put $30 gas and drive the car for about 3 to 4 days like 30 min or so each day on local road thats it its gone any help?

What do you mean by putting 30 gas in it? If you meant that $30.00 in gas was gone in 25 minutes, then no, that's not normal.

sorry my bad .. i mean to say if i put $30 gas and drive the car for about 3 to 4 days like 30 min or so each day on local road thats it its gone any help?

At 18mpg which your car is rated at new...

30 mins of city driving should use about .8 gallons...this is all assuming that you drive at least a bit conservatively (not like a crazy racer at every light).

After four days you're looking at around 3.5 gallons which is about only $10 in fuel.

I'd have to say that you're either underestimating your drive (or driving style) or that there is something seriously wrong with your car.

With these numbers your car would be getting around 7mpg.

This is all assuming distance because you actually really need to keep track of both distance and fuel used precisely to get any reliable answer.