Replacing Hid Headlight Bulbs On 2002 Ls430

Pasha

Hey Lexus owners,

I just had a question if anyone tried to replace HID(xenon) bulbs on 2001-2003 Ls430.

I checked with local dialer and bulb runs for about $400. Here is the part # 90981-20008.

I’m wondering if I can do it myself or I should pay dealer to replace it.

If someone did it already would You tell me where did you get a bulb and should I buy OEM or I can something else?

Thanx All.

Hey Lexus owners,

I just had a question if anyone tried to replace HID(xenon) bulbs on 2001-2003 Ls430.

I checked with local dialer and bulb runs for about $400. Here is the part # 90981-20008.

I’m wondering if I can do it myself or I should pay dealer to replace it.

If someone did it already would You tell me where did you get a bulb and should I buy OEM or I can something else?

Thanx All.

Don't get me wrong, i'm pretty strict about using oem parts. I did however replace the headlight bulbs in a 98' GS300 with aftermarket bulbs to get that White/blue light spectrum once before. I just felt that at $220 APIECE for oems' was outrageous(let alone $400 smackers!). They looked great and at only $30 each i couldn't complain. A 430 is a gorgeous car and i would never wanna disrespect it by taking a shortcut! You may however look into what kind of other bulbs are out there or check e-bay. It seems whenever you change one and not the other the new one is brighter. $800 dollars for LIGHTBULBS........Wait a minute....$800_____(add your favorite verb) DOLLARS for 2 lightbulbs is crazy! When i cross that bidge i would consider my options before crossing it. If you don't mind them it could save you about $740+tax. They're JUST lightbulbs! That's just my opinion;)

Don't get me wrong, i'm pretty strict about using oem parts. I did however replace the headlight bulbs in a 98' GS300 with aftermarket bulbs to get that White/blue light spectrum once before. I just felt that at $220 APIECE for oems' was outrageous(let alone $400 smackers!). They looked great and at only $30 each i couldn't complain. A 430 is a gorgeous car and i would never wanna disrespect it by taking a shortcut! You may however look into what kind of other bulbs are out there or check e-bay. It seems whenever you change one and not the other the new one is brighter. $800 dollars for LIGHTBULBS........Wait a minute....$800_____(add your favorite verb) DOLLARS for 2 lightbulbs is crazy! When i cross that bidge i would consider my options before crossing it. If you don't mind them it could save you about $740+tax. They're JUST lightbulbs! That's just my opinion;)

Scottelble thanx for your reply.

I got friend of mine his a dealer, he got me discount for bulb about $200. He also found me a guy who replaced a bulb for $40. Let me tell you what a pain in the "back" to replace a bulb. Bumper needs to be removed all kind of things. I took him about 40-50 min to replace a bulb. Since i got OEM it's the same spectrum as the old one.