My Keyless Entry Is Posessed.

DBrucher

Man, my fob is screwey. I've got a Compustar 1W900FMR that has been acting up and I think has finally gasped its last breath. That OR my car is fighting it like a virus:

Sometimes I put it in park, turn the car off, and while I'm pulling the key out, it locks, unlocks, locks before I can get out the door. When that happens, I can't hit the 'all door unlock' on the doors. I'm only able to LOCK all the doors. Also, none of the buttons work on the fob (lock, unlock, autostart, trunk).

Sometimes, I park and get out just fine. Then take a few steps away, hit the Lock, and can hear all 4 doors click happily.

The other night, I sat out in the cold pushing all buttons and it wouldn't do the command, it would only make my lights flicker twice (and the heater dash lights, radio display, etc.). I've noticed that the red 'security' light on the dash is on all the time now. What did I do and how do I fix it?

I've tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few seconds, hoping to RESET something, but no. Thank God I don't have a security code on my Radio! But still, I'm stumped. I am yet to try replacing the battery in the fob, and I've got a question/request for exercism in to Compustar to see what's up. Any ideas? I'm hoping it's something easy like clicking the key from Lock to ACC 5 times fast or something.

Thanks!

DBrucher

When you press lock unlock lock you swith the car to valet mode. That's why the security light is on constantly. The doors will not automatically lock in this mode. Repeat the steps while the driver side door is open and you will see the light go out. It should then be audible when you press the lock button. Also, the security light should blink. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I've tried messing with the Valet on/off 'feature', but no luck. It seems to be slowly dying. Originally it used to flash the lights AND chirp the horn when accessing the features, but I turned the horn off. Now the Autostart and Trunk-pop won't work, but the lock/unlock does...Minus the flashy lights. I think it might be time to upgrade and rip this piecer out...

I wish there was a full reset of the system and start from scratch.

I'd recommend you contact a priest and ask him to sprinkle holy water on your car! Sounds like you got a demon in there playing games! If next time you check your rad and green pea soup comes shooting out.........RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I'd recommend you contact a priest and ask him to sprinkle holy water on your car! Sounds like you got a demon in there playing games! If next time you check your rad and green pea soup comes shooting out.........RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Thanks, pal. As of now, I think I might have to reprogram the buttons to the corresponding actions (remember, I cut the power). Last I heard, it was a beyotch to do. Time will tell.