Air Fuel Sensor

crain21

For those that changed out either your bank 1 or 2 sensor before the cat, was your replacement sensor the same size to include the wiring length and did the proble have the same appearance as the one you replaced? I reason that I ask the question is because I may the mistake of trying to save a buck and purchase a sensor off eBay for my 1999 RX300 that had the same Toyota part number of 8946748011, but the sensor I received did not appear the same at the base, it have fewer holes on the proble than the original and the wiring was almost 2 inches shorter. I assume the sensor itself, though under the same part number, had been improved or some changes had been made to it since it's induction in 1999. However, when I installed the sensor, reset my computer, and drove less than 10 miles, my check engine light came on resulting in the following codes: P1150 and P1155. Thanks for your help.

Have you checked the part numbers stamped on the old and the new parts?

The part numbers are the same for both. I check with the supplier after this posting and he was going to check with his overseas supplier because mines was the second complaint on the sensor he sent out.

The initial code I got under the old part was p1133 and after conducting a search on this forum, I found a thread that indicated that a p1133 code meant sensor 1 bank 1 was bad. The posting also stated that sensor 1 bank 1 was the sensor next to the firewall. That's the one I changed with the new sensor and got multiple code readings. Yesterday, after this posting, I read on this forum where someone had a p1133 code and stated that they change the sensor underneath the vehicle just before the CAT and fixed their problem...now I am wondering just where bank 1 sensor 1 is located? Thanks again for the help.

Have you checked the part numbers stamped on the old and the new parts?

The part numbers are the same for both. I check with the supplier after this posting and he was going to check with his overseas supplier because mines was the second complaint on the sensor he sent out.

The initial code I got under the old part was p1133 and after conducting a search on this forum, I found a thread that indicated that a p1133 code meant sensor 1 bank 1 was bad. The posting also stated that sensor 1 bank 1 was the sensor next to the firewall. That's the one I changed with the new sensor and got multiple code readings. Yesterday, after this posting, I read on this forum where someone had a p1133 code and stated that they change the sensor underneath the vehicle just before the CAT and fixed their problem...now I am wondering just where bank 1 sensor 1 is located? Thanks again for the help.

The oxygen sensor that is used to check A/F mixture is between the engine and the catalytic converter. The one downstream of the converter is used to verify that the catalyst is functional.

crain21,

As you mentioned, code P1133 is due to a malfunction of sensor 1 bank 1 (between firewall and engine). However, the new codes of 1150 (range/performance malfunction) and 1155 (heater circuit malfunction) are for sensor 1 bank 2 (between the engine and the radiator). Did you mess with this sensor at all?

Kauz

crain21,

As you mentioned, code P1133 is due to a malfunction of sensor 1 bank 1 (between firewall and engine). However, the new codes of 1150 (range/performance malfunction) and 1155 (heater circuit malfunction) are for sensor 1 bank 2 (between the engine and the radiator). Did you mess with this sensor at all?

Kauz

Kauz,

I did not mess with the sensor you mentioned, but I am convinced that the sensor I received from eBay is bad and a poor imitation at best. I took the sensor I got from eBay to the Toyota Dealer and compared the part with the dealer's part and the dealer's part is exactly like the ones on my RX300. Anyway, the seller on eBay is sending me another sensor and if it is not the right one, he has agreed to refund me 100% of the cost and if its is the right one this time, he has agreed to given me another 40% off the sales price. The jury is still out, but this seller on eBay appears to be going beyond anything I have experienced in customer satisfaction before...anywhere. Eitherway, I am sure I will have this problem licked by the end of the week even if I have to get a sensor from the dealer.