Dissapointed With Sound Level Inside The Sc Cabin.

breakilla

How is the sound level inside the sc400 cabin? Mines has this vrooom type of noise, not from the engine, it seems like its coming from the transmission. I just found out i need a transmission mount and 2 engine mounts. I will post the results once i have changed the mounts.

You need not yell...

Regardless, I too hear the same noise in the last 10mph of braking. I had my tech check the Trans. Mount and stated it was solid. I have accepted it as a quirk of the model/trim. Curious if anyone can state otherwise?:geek:

Have you tried changing the tranny fluid?? Sometimes the tranny will make clicking or grinding noises if the tranny fluid is low or worn out. I would try changing the fluid and see if that helps. Use some Lucas Transmission Fix when you change the fluid and you might find that was your problem.

GOOD LUCK!! :ph34r:

ide go with new tranny fluid. new filter would be nice too..

I changed my Tranny fluid and filter a bout 2 weeks ago and the shifting is sooo much smoother and i dont hear any wierd noise or feel a shock when it shifts.

also the tranny is located right under the shift knob. heh

I HAVE A 1995 SC 400. I GET A WIERD NOISE COMING FROM THE GEAR SHIFTER NOB LOCATION. IT LOOKS LIKE THE TRANSMISSION IS RIGHT UNDER THAT. ITS LIKE A NOISE WHEN YOU ACCELIRATE AND WHEN THE CAR IS ABOUT TO MAKE A STOP.

I WONDER IS IT MY CAR OR DOES ALL SC 400 HAS THIS SOUND. I DOUBT THAT A LUXURY SC WOULD SOUND LIKE THIS.

I HAVE CHECKED THE TRANSMISSION AND EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE. I DO NEED A TRANSMISSION MOUNT BUT I DONT THINK THATS WHY THE NOISE IS THERE. IT SEEMS LIKE THERES NO INSULATION BETWEEN THE SHIFTER AND TRANSMISSION. TO MUCH NOISE.

I WISH IT WAS MORE QUIET INSIDE.

IS THIS SOUND NORMAL IS MY QUESTION?

Does this ghetto speak come within the proximity to English? It seems like the majority of the participants in this forum type very similar to this fellow. I don’t know why I continue to check the LOC forum as if I am going to gain some sort of valuable knowledge. Is it just the SC400/300 forum or is it the LOC’s entirety? In my opinion, I gain approximately 2 or 3 useful “tips” in a one-year period from this forum. Statistically speaking, this forum gets dimmer by the minute. I don’t belong to any other automotive forums so I cannot confirm if others are similar. I will certainly rather pay a couple extra dollars at the dealer than have to deal with inconsistent, half-baked “information” from LOC members. Carry on retards. Buy some big rims and continue to fix your ride with bubble gum and duct tape.

Yes, I too feel this forum is lacking. Not only is there little action, but all too often the writing is dreadful. I visited Club Lexus and while there is considerably more postings (a greater community vibe if you will) the writing is even worse. Strikes me as a bunch of uneducated 20 somethings dumping all their dough into a ride with questionable results. Not to mention the horrid advertisements bouncing all over the screen. :o

There is no fix...I am just venting. :cries:

No, not all forums are like this. I belong to a BMW forum that is incredible. :D

No, not all forums are like this. I belong to a BMW forum that is incredible. :D

Though I understand your frustration geoffreymg, your post could have been worded a bit more diplomatically. No need lashing out the insults. Just start a new post bringing the topic to light, that's all. Then you won't be asked to take the stick out your !Removed!.

I'm usually one of the last to throw stones (playa' hate), but I have to second the general observation. I've also got a membership over at bimmerforums.com where there certainly is not only much more action, but more intelligible action per-capita.

And yes, there are quite a few younger owners (25 & below) here - which contributes to the likelyhood of posts with bad grammar and/or text-message ease. Mainly because the SC is a car that many (like myself) fell in love with as a youth and now the 1st generation SCs no longer require a $60,000 job in order to purchase. Furthermore, short of me laying down an Oprah Winfrey-esk slam on the quality of public schooling here in the U.S., I must say that perhaps we all need to elevate our communication skills - some more than others. For the sake of those reading your posts, but moreso for the sake of your own advancement in your profession/occupation and in society in general.

Let's take the time to check what we write before we post, people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Though I understand your frustration geoffreymg, your post could have been worded a bit more diplomatically. No need lashing out the insults. Just start a new post bringing the topic to light, that's all. Then you won't be asked to take the stick out your !Removed!.

I'm usually one of the last to throw stones (playa' hate), but I have to second the general observation. I've also got a membership over at bimmerforums.com where there certainly is not only much more action, but more intelligible action per-capita.

And yes, there are quite a few younger owners (25 & below) here - which contributes to the likelyhood of posts with bad grammar and/or text-message ease. Mainly because the SC is a car that many (like myself) fell in love with as a youth and now the 1st generation SCs no longer require a $60,000 job in order to purchase. Furthermore, short of me laying down an Oprah Winfrey-esk slam on the quality of public schooling here in the U.S., I must say that perhaps we all need to elevate our communication skills - some more than others. For the sake of those reading your posts, but moreso for the sake of your own advancement in your profession/occupation and in society in general.

Let's take the time to check what we write before we post, people.

Its funny geoffrey talks about getto but he comes in here insulting people acting like a fool. I type 80 words a minute, and sometimes i do not proof read. Also english is my second language, so thanks to everyone who had something positive to say. We can all make this site better.