Skperformance

marcel

I have a COACH 99 es 300 and I want to put a cai on it. I can't find one anywhere on the Internet. <_<

I called a specialty shop in El Paso, Texas, the guy said Yeah, bring your car in and I'll have a look at it.

After he saw it he said there isn't enough space in the engine bay for a cai. He was really nice, looked at my car although he was working on another at the time, but said he could only fit ram air in there.

I read all the posts and you are the only one who did a cai. If you'll tell me how you did it/ maybe draw it out, I can tell the guy at the shop. I think you said someone did it for you; if you can put me in touch with him, he can make a cai and ship it to me! :cheers: Marcel D

actually marcel i do indeed have one on my 94

and i made it myself

it is the 4th design that i have made now

i also make them locally

but i do them custom for each specific car

not really an export set up

so there are a few es 300's with a cai in Toronto

also don't waste your time with a ram air

it is useless and wastes gas to top it off

it only sounds nice

cool.i seen this flex pipe thing on the internet that they say works great but im not so sure.you can flex it to whatever shape you need.if i find the link i will post it.probably junk though! :D

there is always a way

i agree

the engnie s the same

as is the engine compartment

only slight differences if any

the problem is getting the right bend in the inside of the fender

pretty much why i only do them with the car

I have a COACH 99 es 300 and I want to put a cai on it. I can't find one anywhere on the Internet. <_<

I called a specialty shop in El Paso, Texas, the guy said Yeah, bring your car in and I'll have a look at it.

After he saw it he said there isn't enough space in the engine bay for a cai. He was really nice, looked at my car although he was working on another at the time, but said he could only fit ram air in there.

I read all the posts and you are the only one who did a cai. If you'll tell me how you did it/ maybe draw it out, I can tell the guy at the shop. I think you said someone did it for you; if you can put me in touch with him, he can make a cai and ship it to me! :cheers: Marcel D

I found this for you. K&N offers a drop in type filter for your application. This filter would work well for your car. You may also want to put a 1.5 inch hole at the bottom of your airbox to allow a greater flow of air to enter the box. C.A.I. are not all they are put to be. This fact has been proven time and time agian. Hope this helps...

on the SC it has been proven to be less powe rthan a modified stock air box

iy is all about r and d

i have done enough of it in variations

and have seen leaps and bounds in gas mileage performance

and a dyno chart over other camry's

which have the same engine and tranny

also the ones i put together

seem to lose the mid rpm drop of torque

i guess just my luck