Heated Seats & Mirrors

Did the '93 SC400s have heated mirrors as an option (or standard feature)? I've seen several mentions of heated mirrors in reference to the 1st gen SCs, but never knew whether or not the mirrors were actually heated. There's certainly no control or switch for it (inside my car). Which leads me to beleive that if it is a feature, it's always on.

Secondly, for those of you in the northern region who like me actually have a use for the heated seats, does anybody else here experience long wait times for the heat to really kick-in? In my car it takes no less than 6 to 7 minutes before I feel anything at all from my seat. It CAN'T have been this way when the car was new - could it? :unsure:

I jump inside other cars only 2 and 3 years old and their seats get hot within 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Could it just be an age thing with the SC seat heaters? Or (for those of you who bought your SC new and actually remember back that far) have the seats always been super-duper slow to heat up?

I'm thinking about buying new seat heaters and installing myself because I'm really getting tired of being half-way to work before my seats kick-in.

Did the '93 SC400s have heated mirrors as an option (or standard feature)? I've seen several mentions of heated mirrors in reference to the 1st gen SCs, but never knew whether or not the mirrors were actually heated. There's certainly no control or switch for it (inside my car). Which leads me to beleive that if it is a feature, it's always on.

Secondly, for those of you in the northern region who like me actually have a use for the heated seats, does anybody else here experience long wait times for the heat to really kick-in? In my car it takes no less than 6 to 7 minutes before I feel anything at all from my seat. It CAN'T have been this way when the car was new - could it? :unsure:

I jump inside other cars only 2 and 3 years old and their seats get hot within 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Could it just be an age thing with the SC seat heaters? Or (for those of you who bought your SC new and actually remember back that far) have the seats always been super-duper slow to heat up?

I'm thinking about buying new seat heaters and installing myself because I'm really getting tired of being half-way to work before my seats kick-in.

Deleted :whistles:

Open your door and check to see if there are air ducts on top of the door by the mirror mount.

So are you saying that the heated mirrors are/would be heated by the car's hot air supply as opposed to an electric filament behind the mirror itself? I can't imagine even a domestic carmaker designing a heated mirror to function that way. Sounds totally archaic. But something tells me you probably meant something else by that post. Can you elaborate (plus, i'm sitting at my desk right now and won't be able to check for "air ducts at the top of the door" until after work.)

I've owned my '95 sc300 since it was new and the seats have always taken the time you describe to begin to warm up

Open your door and check to see if there are air ducts on top of the door by the mirror mount.

So are you saying that the heated mirrors are/would be heated by the car's hot air supply as opposed to an electric filament behind the mirror itself? I can't imagine even a domestic carmaker designing a heated mirror to function that way. Sounds totally archaic. But something tells me you probably meant something else by that post. Can you elaborate (plus, i'm sitting at my desk right now and won't be able to check for "air ducts at the top of the door" until after work.)

Woops, My mistake :chairshot: Forget my post :blink: