300hp Out Of A 98 Gs300?

I have a 98 GS300 that is completely stock. I think these things are rated at just under 230hp at the crank. That is not going to cut it. I would like to either sell the car or put some bolt ons and increase the power. A turbo kit would be cool but for the amount of money it would take, I could sell the car and buy something newer and with more performance.

I am wondering if the basics would would do it. An SRT intake, Hearder, Full exhaust, underdrive pullies, and any other power robbers that could be changed out. If 300HP could be reached that would give the car enough snap to make it worth driving and could be done for 3K in parts. I have a shop that do the work with low expense due to a partnership I have with them.

I am sure somebody has thought about these things already. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I have a 98 GS300 that is completely stock. I think these things are rated at just under 230hp at the crank. That is not going to cut it. I would like to either sell the car or put some bolt ons and increase the power. A turbo kit would be cool but for the amount of money it would take, I could sell the car and buy something newer and with more performance.

I am wondering if the basics would would do it. An SRT intake, Hearder, Full exhaust, underdrive pullies, and any other power robbers that could be changed out. If 300HP could be reached that would give the car enough snap to make it worth driving and could be done for 3K in parts. I have a shop that do the work with low expense due to a partnership I have with them.

I am sure somebody has thought about these things already. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

You will have to turbo or sc the 300, Sell it and get a 400/430 for 300+ hp.

Thanks for the input. I think a turbo kit is going to be 6K plus labor for 300 at the wheels. I was hoping that all the bolt ons could gain 70hp extra at the crank. It seems that we are saying that it is not possible then?

Are there any turbo kits for less than this than 6k? Also is it really worth it to go this direction? Is a turbo 300 a better performer than a GS400?

• 3 weeks later...