Timing Belt ...

Timing belt, water pump, camshaft seals, (front) crankshaft seal, upper and lower timing belt idler pulley, hydraulic tensioner, thermostat and coolant.

You probably should consider replacing these parts while you're at it....

spark plugs, distributor caps, distributor rotors and spark plug wires.

Everything that 92LEX said is what I did to my 1992 SC400 a year and 1/2 ago and it has run great since. I also bought all Lexus parts, even though they were a little more expensive.

I have never regretted it.

Everything that 92LEX said is what I did to my 1992 SC400 a year and 1/2 ago and it has run great since. I also bought all Lexus parts, even though they were a little more expensive.

I have never regretted it.

I would stay with OEM parts. This is no time to put aftermarket parts in your lex.

I know at one point I saw a TBelt kit for approx $550 which included tensioners and the like. Shall I assume this is what you are referring to as aftermarket and that I should purchase the parts from the stealership?

:cries:

Thanks

You should purchase the parts online and have a reputable mechanic do the labor.

irontoad.com, lexuspartsonline.com, sewelllexus.com, autopartswarehouse.com.... and the like. Ask for quotes on OEM parts and go with the least expensive. ;)

I know at one point I saw a TBelt kit for approx $550 which included tensioners and the like. Shall I assume this is what you are referring to as aftermarket and that I should purchase the parts from the stealership?

Thanks

You should purchase the parts online and have a reputable mechanic do the labor.

irontoad.com, lexuspartsonline.com, sewelllexus.com, autopartswarehouse.com.... and the like. Ask for quotes on OEM parts and go with the least expensive. ;)

Thank you,

That is just what I will do. Thank you for the links. I have a great tech to do the work I was just trying to buy the supplies as cheap :blushing: uggh I mean as inexpensively :P as possible.

Thanks

Thank you,

That is just what I will do. Thank you for the links. I have a great tech to do the work I was just trying to buy the supplies as cheap :blushing: uggh I mean as inexpensively :P as possible.

Your Welcome...

You owe me a beer :cheers: