93 Es300 Heated Seats

Nail

I was just getting the value of my 93' ES300 on NADA and it stated that there were no options available.

Is this because the car is too old for it to matter?

I have these little covers on either side of my parking brake an if you look inside you can see the connector for the heated seat switches.

Do you think the car is set up for heated seats and all i need to do is put in switches?

If it sound too good to be true........

Thanks

I was just getting the value of my 93' ES300 on NADA and it stated that there were no options available.

I have these little covers on either side of my parking brake an if you look inside you can see the connector for the heated seat switches.

Do you think the car is set up for heated seats and all i need to do is put in switches?

Thanks

It's not that simple. You would have to change the seats also, since the cars that came equipped with seat heaters had heating elements enclosed in the seats and backrests.

Thanks

It's not that simple. You would have to change the seats also, since the cars that came equipped with seat heaters had heating elements enclosed in the seats and backrests.

Anyway, why would you want heated seats in San Diego? I went there once to check out the famous zoo and from what I remember it's a pretty warm place, even in winter.

Cheers

Stephen

Thanks

Anyway, why would you want heated seats in San Diego? I went there once to check out the famous zoo and from what I remember it's a pretty warm place, even in winter.

Cheers

Stephen

My previous '92 and my present '93 both had/have heated seats. I'm pretty sure they were standard equipment in Canadian ES300's of that era. Same with the headlight washers - standard in Canada.

Can't really see why you would need "bun warmers" in Southern California OR Sydney, Oz - other than the fact that no-one else has them.

Now where I live... the temp on Monday morning was -33C (about 28 below F). Talk about freezing your a$$ off!

tck...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Heres a question.

I just purchased a 1999 ES300 with 61,000 miles on it. I however don't have heated seats and living in CT it gets really cold here. Did Lexus install all ES300 with the heating elements in there seats? And just not hook up the switches? If they didn't how would i go about getting heated seats? for my Lexus??

thanks for anyone's input

Neal

Toyota does not put seat heater elements in cars without the heated seat option and, with rare exceptions, Toyota does not wire a car for options that a car doesn't have.

The most cost effective way to get heated seats is to buy a car with them. You could probably add OEM or aftermarket seat heaters but why go to the huge expense on a 12 year old car when you could buy another ES with OEM heated seats and essentially get them for free.

If your car has the leather seat option, maybe a set of seat covers or sheepskins that allow for the seat mounted side airbags would make that cold leather more comfortable when its cold outside.

Here are the specs and option list for your "new" 99 ES: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/1999/1999ESspecs.pdf

Toyota does not put seat heater elements in cars without the heated seat option and, with rare exceptions, Toyota does not wire a car for options that a car doesn't have.

The most cost effective way to get heated seats is to buy a car with them. You could probably add OEM or aftermarket seat heaters but why go to the huge expense on a 12 year old car when you could buy another ES with OEM heated seats and essentially get them for free.

If your car has the leather seat option, maybe a set of seat covers or sheepskins that allow for the seat mounted side airbags would make that cold leather more comfortable when its cold outside.

Here are the specs and option list for your "new" 99 ES: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/1999/1999ESspecs.pdf

Thank you for the PDF specs on my car. but i an a little confused it says in the specs that the heated seat option needs the LA option.. I have the following in my car: Leather Trim Package, Driver's Seat Memory, and Programmable Garage Door Opener so wouldnt that mean i have the heating elements and the wire harness already installed in the car?

thanks,

Neal

post-125087-0-31320400-1294855353_thumb.

Thank you for the PDF specs on my car. but i an a little confused it says in the specs that the heated seat option needs the LA option.. I have the following in my car: Leather Trim Package, Driver's Seat Memory, and Programmable Garage Door Opener so wouldnt that mean i have the heating elements and the wire harness already installed in the car?

thanks,

Neal

No, all that means is that the heated seat option was available only on 1999 ES300's with the leather seat option and that the heated seat option was not available on 1999 ES300's with cloth seats.

You are not the first person who has asked this question.

By the way ... "nice rack" on your ES. I've done my share of northeast skiing ... mainly in upstate New York.