Heating In Copld Weather

:( As soon as it gets below zero celsius, I do not find the heating on ther drivers side works all that well. Even after 30 minutes of driving I do not feel much hot air blowing at my feet. I tried all temperature and control settings. Thank goodness for the heated seats.

It has been below 10F every morning for the past week here and mine (IS250 AWD) seems to be ok. On the really cold mornings I do go out and start it 15 min before I leave and by the time i go back out the seats are warm and the air temp is good. My rec would be to take it off "auto" and put the temp up to about 72 - put the fan on high on the "feet and defrost" setting. This seems to work for me. Also if you are the only one in the car close all the passenger side vents to increase your air flow.

If you have it on Auto it will not heat up until the engine is warm enough to heat the air to your desired temp and even then it does it gradually. I believe Lexus says that it is designed so that you don't notice the climate control system... i think it's called our fan doesn't blow hot air out fast enough to warm up the car for those in the Northern states so we came up with an excuse?

Thats my best advise... keep warm!

:( As soon as it gets below zero celsius, I do not find the heating on ther drivers side works all that well. Even after 30 minutes of driving I do not feel much hot air blowing at my feet. I tried all temperature and control settings. Thank goodness for the heated seats.

First verify that you have enough antifreeze in your system, that could cause poor heating performance. It has been cold in denver latley, several days in a row between 0 and 15 below zero at my house in the morning, 10 minutes warm up and mine is warm for the 3.5 mile drive to work. I put the temp to HI and the fan to high. Although I have noticed that it does not seem to do quite as well as my old honda did with getting the heater nice and hot.

could've sworn i posted something here last night...did a mod erase it? cause i admit it was a bit bleh and all, i thought it was funny

ill reiterate the main points:

i understand how cold it is, its a brisk 40 degrees outside in the morning

also, dont warm up your car on idle for too long, lexus says thats "bad"

agreed, dont set the temperature to a specific number under 80, set it to high, and max.and i would suggest the "feet and face" position, (lol that sounds wrong), because of the whole heat rises things.

• 3 weeks later...

ive had a similar experience, but actually i did notice my right foot is OK, but my left is freezing. also seems that the ehat coming out of the face vents is warmer than the foot vents. personally, i like heat to come out only on the feet but this is impossible.

in for 5k service i mentioned it to the tech who checked it out and said it was normal. no big surpise there.

im hoping a TSB comes out because something is just not right.