Need Some Guidance From The Experienced

deanp

so ill try to be quick here. I recently got an sc400 from a family member for free. great car, 150k miles, leather and paint need work but thats do-able.

anyways, im kinda stuck with what I want to do with it. I currently drive a ford probe gt, tinted, lowered, great tokico suspension, interior is emaculate, and some engine mods to equal about 145 to the wheels with equal tq and a 5 sp manual, 2900 lb, 16 in wheels and 27 mpg on the highway. the problem is that I am 22 and still very much in my sporty car fase. now say what you will about to pgt but it is an amazing contender for its class and your opinions arnt sound untill you have fully driven one.

Now when I drive the lexus, I cant help but feel that it is far from sporty. nice? of course. valued? very. and with a little work better looking, but can I make my sc400 feel more sports oriented. Is this car destin to be a luxery cruiser and continue to get spanked on the back roads by my pgt, or with some money can it be all that I hoped for?

The two main mods im looking towards for the lexus is a 5sp r154 or w58 if i can make it handel 350 whp and suspension.

so what do you think, has anyone made a worthy sports coup out of these cars cuz i havnt seen much in the way of track racing

• 3 weeks later...

Hey deanp

here is a link to what another user has done to his sc400 and hes gotten ALOT of power out of these cars

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...22&hl=jibby

this is probably one of the best descriptions on modifications that ive seen on this site. it has helped me a bunch. the 400's are pretty restricted stock, upgrading the exhaust(rod millen, magnaflow,megan), ECU(Apexi,UNICHIP,Jet) , torque converter (if you are going to keep your 400 auto,this is a MUST for quick speeds of the line), intake, those and some other upgrades will give you a good start on how much power these engines really have. hope this helps

"Now when I drive the lexus, I cant help but feel that it is far from sporty. nice? of course. valued? very. and with a little work better looking, but can I make my sc400 feel more sports oriented. Is this car destin to be a luxery cruiser and continue to get spanked on the back roads by my pgt, or with some money can it be all that I hoped for?"

deanp, My advice is to you, sell the Sc and save your money and buy Porsche Carrera. That will beat your ford probe gt on the back roads.