New Is350 Commercial

Hey Guys,

Found this link to the new IS350 commercial were an IS is dropper from a helicopter and another one beats it to the ground, if you are interested, here's the link:

http://www.macguff.com/?j=showjob&id=79

I saw it on the SB. The math was hard to follow, and I was left with an impression of "So what?". I thought the Toyota Tundra truck ads worked better. Here's how you go, how you stop, and how low end torque helps you pull.

Hey Guys,

Found this link to the new IS350 commercial were an IS is dropper from a helicopter and another one beats it to the ground, if you are interested, here's the link:

http://www.macguff.com/?j=showjob&id=79

I saw it on the SB. The math was hard to follow, and I was left with an impression of "So what?". I thought the Toyota Tundra truck ads worked better. Here's how you go, how you stop, and how low end torque helps you pull.

I thought it was cool, but I have a degree in Physics....

Acceleration of gravity is 9.81 meters/second/second. Not considering drag, the falling car would accelerate until it reached terminal velocity. The car on the ground is already moving at (probably top speed) when it crosses the zero line on it's way to the 4000 foot run. One would need to caclulate the "air time" of the falling car, then how long would it take the ground car to cover the 4000 feet at top speed. But anyway, the drop part of the commercial is simulated so it really doesn't matter.