Idea For 2007 Gx470 Bypass

Bobby M

:chairshot:

When the car moves and the emergancy brake is off the DVD is blacked out. Well if the Navigation system didn't know the car was moving the the DVD would continue to play. Correct? To my knowledge there are at least three maybe four ways the Navigation knows the car is moving One, the emergancy brake is not on. Two, the GPS antenna picks up signal and tells Nav. sys. it's moving. Three, The GYRO senses movement. Four the VSS wire sends movement signal.

Seems to me that if someone pulled the emergancy brake up one click [or grounded it going to the Nav. sys.] and covered the GPS Antenna with a piece of alum. foil to block the Sat, signal and disconnected the VSS wire with a toggle switch. The Nav. system might not know the car is moving and the DVD might play while driving so the passanger can see it. Then just remove the foil and throw switch and you are back to Navigating. Has anyone tried these three steps at the same time. I do not know enough to know there the VSS wire or the GPS Antenna is located to cover it or to temporally disconnect it with a switch. If this makes sense I wish some would try it and let us know if it works. If the GRYO also plays a part in this I guess that complicates thangs quite a bit. I wouldn't know how to temporally disable it. Maybe someome out there knows how. I wish the 2007 GX470 could be disabled like the earlier models

This is how my DVD and Bluetooth bypass was done. They traced the emergency brake wire to the back of the stereo, cut it then grounded the wire from the back of the stereo and my eveything works great now and my wife can watch movies on long trips up front.

Why bother to trace the wire to the radio. Why not just cut it at the parking brake and ground the radio end there? Do you remember the wire color code and/or location on the paking brake?

Because I would imagine that the emergency brake wire directly from the emergency brake goes to other electronics as well, I for one would not want to risk that when the radio is easy to pull.

Are you sure that's all they did. Many people have been looking for a fix for the 2007 GX470. I can move the emergency brake one click and do the same thing as grounding it and that doesen't. Please double check what they did to make yours work. Yours is a 2007 GX470?

Please reply.

I know that it was just wiring, no external box needed such as the coastaltech. I think I remember them saying something about the transmission speed wire as well going to the back of the head unit, but it could have been something else.

Also my NAV unit still works and locks me out until I am at a complete stop or in park, this just fixes the DVD player feature and Bluetooth touch control so that you can use them while driving.

• 3 months later...

Is there any way to just enable the bluetooth while driving? I know that there's someone on ebay that sells directions to do several things and that's one of them? Other than tracing the wire back to the stereo from the handbrake (I don't have factory DVD btw) and cutting the wire, is there any other way? Also, if you don't have factory DVD and wanted to enable bluetooth while driving would tracing and cutting the same wire still apply/work? Thanks!