Gas Peddle Vibration Problem

He all! I am new to the board. And I just brought a 1998 Lexus GS 300 which only has 40,000 miles on it and with all lexus dealer records. However, the Gas Paddle some time has virbration on it, especially when it is in low speed around 15 - 35MPH. And it runs great in high speed!

I did tried to take it back to Lexus Delear in Daly City in CA but after test drive the machanic just told me only thing they can do is change the gas paddle and they suggested me to ingore it since it is not a big deal... I also try to shift it in N gear then it will not happen. Once it is in Gear, it would happen from time to time. Will that be the transmission problem or what?

Would some one can tell me how to solve this problem or at least know what's going on since it is such a low mileage for a Lexus. Really appreciate your kind information!

Randy

He all! I am new to the board. And I just brought a 1998 Lexus GS 300 which only has 40,000 miles on it and with all lexus dealer records. However, the Gas Paddle some time has virbration on it, especially when it is in low speed around 15 - 35MPH. And it runs great in high speed!

I did tried to take it back to Lexus Delear in Daly City in CA but after test drive the machanic just told me only thing they can do is change the gas paddle and they suggested me to ingore it since it is not a big deal... I also try to shift it in N gear then it will not happen. Once it is in Gear, it would happen from time to time. Will that be the transmission problem or what?

Would some one can tell me how to solve this problem or at least know what's going on since it is such a low mileage for a Lexus. Really appreciate your kind information!

Randy

You might want to try and lube the cable up with some white lithium grease. Sounds like its a cable problem and not a pedal problem. It might be binding or sticking when a certain amount of throttle/load is applied. I wouldn’t worry about the transmission it wouldn’t cause this problem.

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 92 LS400. The gas paddle will vibrate at very high frequency (Zzzzzzz) during initial acceleration at stop signs and stoplights. It feels like when you drive on those rumble strips at high speed, only the rumble is very dim. Vibration decreases as speed increases, and is gone completely when I hit above 65mph.

First I replaced the tranny mount, no change. Next I had a Toyota Dealer replaced my engine mount and the problem is solved. I think it has to do with the drive shaft angle. My old engine mounts are completely broken and the engine virtually sagged about half an inch below normal, which ultimately changed the drive angle by a few degrees. I guess Lexus vehicles are manufactured at such high precision and tolerences that a tiny change in the drive shaft angle will cause noticeble vibration.

Just in case you don’t know there is an easy test you can do to test your motor mounts. First put your foot on the brake then put it down in park, with your foot still on the brake all the way push the gas pedal sightly to rev the engine up a little bit. Continue this in park and reverse. You want to have to hood open and look at the engine to see how much it moves. Movement should be minimal and if it does move excessively you need motor mounts.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a TSIB #NV006-98, that is for accelerator pedal vibration. Early production ones where the worst for this problem. I will try to attach the TSIB to this post.

Wow, you are so professional! I printed it out and will bring it to Lexus dealer to see if they can do so to solve the problem. My VIN number is within the affected range. Therefore, I believe it must be this problem!

Once again thank you very much for your kindness and helpful information!!!