Need Cross Drilled Rotors And Brakes

Hey everyone, i have a 99 GS400 and want to put cross drilled rotors all the way around the car. I've checked Ebay,but, there are way to many companies soliciting their rotors and pads as being better than everyone elses. I also dont know if there are better pads to go with these rotors after they are installed as some of the companies selling on Ebay are selling COMPLETE packages including pads with them. ANY and all advice will be greatly appreciated. One more thing, how about Phillips H.I.D bulbs, anyone know the right code to search for? Again, Ebay is very confusing with people selling stuff for Lexus cars. Thank you in advance, as a NEW member i really enjoy the sight!!! GO BEARS!!!

Drilled and slotted rotors combined with OEM pads is the best you can do to increase braking power in your Lexus.....

I bought D/S rotors off Ebay four years ago for my SC400 and I have had no problems what so ever since. My braking power increased maybe by 30% when installed with new OEM pads......I was amazed at the difference over stock...... I will never go back to stock rotors....

I also bought D/S rotors for my Toyota Landcruiser 2 years ago and again my braking power increased noticeably...2 years later no problems what so ever like rotor cracking, warping, etc...That goes for both the cars....

The drilled and slotted rotors are great for daily drivers....For race track use I would say they may break down prematurely and crack or warp as read in the articles due to the extreme heat and caliper pressure involved in that type of use......

Look at it this way if you are unsure......Porchse sells D/S rotors on there newer selling cars...If they were so bad I really believe Porshce would not chance the liability and use them....right or wrong?

Brembo is probably one of the best brake and rotor companies around....

Porsche's are tracked on occasions. Stock Porsche braking systems are like aftermarket BBK's, they were intended for high performance applications....big calipers matched to big rotors. Drilled/slotted brake rotors have less braking surface for the pads to grip to. The stock calipers were designed to work perfectly fine with blank rotors.

D/S oversized brake rotors + oversized calipers = performance

D/S stock sized brake rotors + calipers = bling factor

Porsche's are tracked on occasions. Stock Porsche braking systems are like aftermarket BBK's, they were intended for high performance applications....big calipers matched to big rotors. Drilled/slotted brake rotors have less braking surface for the pads to grip to. The stock calipers were designed to work perfectly fine with blank rotors.

D/S oversized brake rotors + oversized calipers = performance

D/S stock sized brake rotors + calipers = bling factor

Stock rotors have more braking surface then just drilled rotors, right?...92LEX your ok in my book but I respectfully disagree with your statements...

D/S rotors are bling bling but also give you the best braking possible...There is more air that is allowed to flow within the rotors and pads which aid in cooling and braking.. Also the variations created with D/S rotors simply allow the pads to grip more in comparison to stock all surface rotors... I am stating this from actual experience and not something I read...It is what it is...

I previously swapped in front 4 piston Supra TT calipers with flat surface Supra TT rotors and the braking is not much better then my stock 2 piston calipers with the D/S rotors.... I had to dump the Supra calipers because of fitment issues with my rims......I did get to test the braking, not much of a difference....I am a firm believer in D/S rotors for more then just the bling bling factor...

post-13978-1170821869_thumb.jpg

No doubt that this is going to be a debate. I'm not trying to attack you in any way or prove you wrong....we both have our reasons. If you disagree, aint no thang...I wanna hear you out.

The given air that is actually cooling the rotors and brake pads via D/S rotors only makes a difference when they are in use. With a daily driven vehicle, the extent of usage is minimal, compared to track/auto-x usage. Air flow and cooling of brake components is crtitical to performance but how often do we push the brakes to the limits, in a daily driven vehicle?

The slots and holes do provide ventilation for the brake material but the sole purpose is to shave overheated brake pad material/gasses off of the brake pads. It's likely that you will not encounter these problems on the streets.

The way you and I may drive our cars might affect choice of components, but from the factory, stock components were enginered beyond our knowledge. Just flexing my points.... :cheers:

BTW, I beat the hell out of my car...street or track.

It's all good 92LEX....No debate, just a difference of opinion...Happens all the time... :cheers:

I see your points as they are written in many articles of discussion on this exact topic.... My take on rotors...For Braking power - D/S rotors is where it is at......Life expectancy stock flat rotors will probably hold up longer....

We all are after better braking for safety and performance...Gotta go with the D/S rotors and factory brake pads...Can't go wrong....

I beat on my SC daily too.....Tank of a motor....

No doubt that this is going to be a debate. I'm not trying to attack you in any way or prove you wrong....we both have our reasons. If you disagree, aint no thang...I wanna hear you out.

The given air that is actually cooling the rotors and brake pads via D/S rotors only makes a difference when they are in use. With a daily driven vehicle, the extent of usage is minimal, compared to track/auto-x usage. Air flow and cooling of brake components is crtitical to performance but how often do we push the brakes to the limits, in a daily driven vehicle?

The slots and holes do provide ventilation for the brake material but the sole purpose is to shave overheated brake pad material/gasses off of the brake pads. It's likely that you will not encounter these problems on the streets.

The way you and I may drive our cars might affect choice of components, but from the factory, stock components were enginered beyond our knowledge. Just flexing my points.... :cheers:

BTW, I beat the hell out of my car...street or track.

what does D/S stand for guys? i appreciate the advice, thanks again...