Just Bought My Wife A Ls430

jeostang

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=320076980229

Drove the car today, man this is a nice car!!! Anything I should look out for?

I wanted an 04 to get the different lights but I couldn't look past the mileage on this.

Should we extend the warranty or purchase the warranty from the dealer?

What the the powertrain warranty cover?

Thanks

Looking foward to being on the forum.

congrats on an awesome lookin purchase. That car is new. LS430's just might be the most trouble free car's in the world but if you plan on keeping it a while I would get an extended bumper to bumper warrenty if possible. Powertrains are bullet proof but who knows when some sensor or electronic piece will go crazy.

Welcome to the forum man!

Even at the "buy it now" price, that looks like a super buy. After buying an new LS400 in 1990 and a used 2000 LS400 in 2003, I am convinced that buying a used one gives the biggest bang for the buck by far -- especially if you plan to keep the car a long time.

It is interesting to see how much more content was included on the 2003 LS400 for the $62K list price -- Lexus kept adding and adding features while keeping the price stable for many years.

Since the manufacture date was 12/02, the "in-service date" was probably Jan-March 2003 which means the basic 4 year/50,000 mile warranty has run out or is going to run out any day. If the basic warranty has not run out (or even if it has), be sure to get your "new" LS430 to a dealer ASAP to have any outstanding issues taken care of. Especially see if there are any outstanding TISB's (sort of like a recall) that have not been applied to your car -- these normally have to be done before the basic warranty expires for them to be done at no cost.

Whether you buy an extended warranty is your call. I drove my first LS400 to 183,000 miles and nothing broke that would have beeen covered by a typical 100,000 mile extended warranty. My current 2000 LS400 is at about 82,000 miles and the same is true so far - nothing has broken that would have been covered by an extended warranty.

Congrats! After seeing the LS460 up close a few weeks ago, I am really warming up to the LS430. With the zero temperatures we've been having, I'd buy an LS430 just to have the rear seat heaters.

It took some dealing. He would not come off the buy it now price, the reserve was $1 below the buy it now. We did end up getting the car for 30K. But only after threatning to go by a white ls430 which had 40k miles and chrome rims. We took him the purchase order for the white car which was selling for 34k we got him down to 30k but the car wasn't taken care of, interior was dirty and the last owner smoked in it and it had been in a accident. We did not have any intention on buying the white car, we just need a purchase order to try and get the car we really wanted. The dealer kept telling us that the difference in cars is the mileage, I told him my wife didn't care about the mileage she realy liked the white/chrome rim car (which she doesn't like chrome rims and really wanted the silver car.) So after almost walking out she came down 30K, and we got the car we really wanted.

We plan to keep the car for at least 5 years, then pick up that bad !Removed! ls460 used once again.

Even at the "buy it now" price, that looks like a super buy. After buying an new LS400 in 1990 and a used 2000 LS400 in 2003, I am convinced that buying a used one gives the biggest bang for the buck by far -- especially if you plan to keep the car a long time.

It is interesting to see how much more content was included on the 2003 LS400 for the $62K list price -- Lexus kept adding and adding features while keeping the price stable for many years.

Since the manufacture date was 12/02, the "in-service date" was probably Jan-March 2003 which means the basic 4 year/50,000 mile warranty has run out or is going to run out any day. If the basic warranty has not run out (or even if it has), be sure to get your "new" LS430 to a dealer ASAP to have any outstanding issues taken care of. Especially see if there are any outstanding TISB's (sort of like a recall) that have not been applied to your car -- these normally have to be done before the basic warranty expires for them to be done at no cost.

Whether you buy an extended warranty is your call. I drove my first LS400 to 183,000 miles and nothing broke that would have beeen covered by a typical 100,000 mile extended warranty. My current 2000 LS400 is at about 82,000 miles and the same is true so far - nothing has broken that would have been covered by an extended warranty.

Congrats! After seeing the LS460 up close a few weeks ago, I am really warming up to the LS430. With the zero temperatures we've been having, I'd buy an LS430 just to have the rear seat heaters.

The carfax showed the car was first registered 2/21/03, so I'm wondering if it still has some warranty on it. We will take it to the dealer on monday. I'm not worried about the powertrain, I'm more worried about all the gagets. I know the Nav system is a pretty penny if it breaks.

Wow, congratulations! That's a beautiful car! I was in your position (of buying a used 430) a year ago, and spent $45K out the door for an identical LS, except white with chrome rims (and 10K more miles). Funny about the color combo, considering that's what you were looking at. Mine was/is in great condition, though, and is also certified. But now I see that I could have saved myself $15K (minus taxes) had I waited a year...oh well, that's instant gratification for you! ;)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll love the car. Sure, the 04s and newer have the nicer head/tail lights, however they're (almost) EXACTLY the same on the interior.

Enjoy it! I'm sure you will!

Wow, congratulations! That's a beautiful car! I was in your position (of buying a used 430) a year ago, and spent $45K out the door for an identical LS, except white with chrome rims (and 10K more miles). Funny about the color combo, considering that's what you were looking at. Mine was/is in great condition, though, and is also certified. But now I see that I could have saved myself $15K (minus taxes) had I waited a year...oh well, that's instant gratification for you! ;)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll love the car. Sure, the 04s and newer have the nicer head/tail lights, however they're (almost) EXACTLY the same on the interior.

Enjoy it! I'm sure you will!

Well, the 04 has a 6 speed transmission, 5.9 0-60 time vs. the 6.3 for the 01-03, smart key access, updated Nav system, Bluetooth, Rear view camera, updated grille/bezel, but other than that pretty much the same car. That car should last you 5 years without any problems - I too have the silver metalic and it's such a gorgeous color when it's clean!

Congrats on the new LS430! I'll bet you and your wife will have debates over who gets to drive it! Also, with that ultra low mileage, you got a GREAT price!

I had a hard time going with the 03, because I wanted the 6 speed, Bluetooth, and the upgraded stye. But the miles and the prices I could not give up. My wife doesn't care about the 6 speed, smart key etc, but she is going to miss not being able to use bluetooth.