Please Help!

95_SC400

Hey, well i just dont know what to do now. My car is giving me some many problems i cant take it anymore. less then 200 miles ago i got brand new Tokico shocks. Right off the bat i hated how it felt and looked. Now a day after my install the front two already broke. Since my mechanic said i wouldnt have to get aftermarket springs, i didnt. As it turns out though since i was maxing out the shocks they broke the second i went up my driveway. So now i have to get new shocks and springs OR i can get oem lexus shocks. My question to you guys is does any out there have some oem shocks laying around? I dont care at all if they are completely dead, i need them asap. I dont want to pay for springs, shocks, and install again. I want to get some oem shocks and get rid of this car. Please help.

95_SC400, Contact aliga or R & J Dist with a personal message, they are vendors at clublexus.com They are always getting OEM parts for Sc models. Aliga (club members' name) is already a member of this forum. R & J Dist is not you have to go to this site to deal with him: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36.

They both are eastcoast vendors, I see your located on the westcoast shipping might be pricey. :cries:

Good Luck!

Describe how the shocks are broke? What other problems are you having with the car?

Ok, well i got new shocks (tokico) because my oem ones where completely dead as could be. So i got the Tokicos. I originally got my cousins eibach springs that he gave me for free. So i dropped my car of at the mechnic and later got a call that the eibachs wont work. For some really weird reason they really didnt fit, even though they came off of a 92 sc300. So i decided to put on only the Tokicos. Got them installed and an allignment. Got my car back and got disappointed when i got the car back. Car remained just as loud and bumpy and ride height went up at least .5". So right off the bat i was mad. Then one day after install, i went to go fill up gas. As i was pullin onto the gas station i heard a loud pop. So right away i checked everything underhood, wheels, etc. Then yesterday when i came home i noticed my front drivers wheel was lowered to the point of the tire. Then today on the way to the mechanic, my rear drivers blew out as well. So now i have a car that is tilted over on its side. At the mechnics i found out the spring pearch moved down and the passenger side is barely hanging on, so it will break any day now. So i paid for Tokicos and install and now have no Tokicos and need new install. I found a guy who will sell me his old used oem shocks and springs and make that mechnic do it over for free or i will unleash hell on him. As far as the Tokico im going straight back to the store monday and demanding a refund. So i basically got really screwed and lost a lot of money for nothing. And second problem is that my steering is just way to playful. I go over a crack in the road or a pothole and my steering wheel begins to turn on its own. I was told to replace steering rack bushings so i did. nothing better though. Now mechanic is telling me my caster angle is off. Lastly, i have a really loud thump noise when i go over a bump in the road. It sounds like something heavy in the trunk bouncing but i have NOTHING in the trunk, no spare or tools or anything. So i dont know what it could be. So im just getting more and more frustrated with all these damn problems. So right after i get the suspension fixed im selling this car asap, as much as i dont want to.

The Tokico's shouldn't have blown out. +.5" on a new suspension is nothing...it'll settlle after a few hundrend miles.

The fact that they shoudnt have, doesnt mean they didnt. I mean its a fact for sure they did because right now sitting in my driveway is my sc400 tilted over. So it is what it is. Plus at the mechanics shop we took off the wheels and the spring perches did slide down. So they did in fact blow. So now im stuck driving a loaner car.

Why would going up your driveway cause the shocks to blow out? When you hit a bump the shocks actually get compressed, not extended. Spring perches slid down? Are you sure everything is tight?

yeah everything was installed fine and tight. The perch did slide down because i can see where it was and now where it is and the marks it left from sliding down. I cant drive my car now or sell it. So now im just stuck with it untill i get another suspension.

Where do you buy the shocks from? Isn't there a warranty on them?

I do have the warranty, but the fact is i pad money to have it installed and spent a day without my car. Plus there was nothing said that i have to get aftermarket springs. So why they broke shouldnt be my problems. But i still am going to yell at them and my mechanic to do everything over for free, afterall it is both their faults. Plus to get the monet back i have to redo my suspension and send Tokcio the broken shocks. So even to get my money back i have to get another suspension. So i really am stuck here, especially since the guy who was gonna sell me his OEM suspension flaked on me today.