You've Got 35k To Spend. Is350 Or Is250?

What would you guys do? I've got about 10K to put down and I'd like to not spend more then 35K total. I plan to finance. Is it possible to get a IS350 with one of the packages for that price? I currently own an 04 Accord that does 240hp, so I'd really like to bump it up to the IS350. I feel like the 250 will feel slower then my Accord. Any thoughts?

What would you guys do? I've got about 10K to put down and I'd like to not spend more then 35K total. I plan to finance. Is it possible to get a IS350 with one of the packages for that price? I currently own an 04 Accord that does 240hp, so I'd really like to bump it up to the IS350. I feel like the 250 will feel slower then my Accord. Any thoughts?

I like the toys, I would be disapointed with a bare bones model of the IS350 if you could even find one for that price, if you could go to something like 38 or 39 you might be able to get something reasonable in the 350, but if you are hard on the 35 #, I would stick with a 250.

Maybe you should hang on the few months it would take to save the extra $$'s and get a 350, my guess is that the 250 will feel slow compared to your accord as you are thinking.

Might be a dumb question, but do you guys think I could fanagle an 06 GS300? I've always wanted a GS to be honest. I was looking around and I seen a 15Kmiles GS300 for about 37K on Autotrader. Whats the differences between the GS300/350/430?

Thanks all

Might be a dumb question, but do you guys think I could fanagle an 06 GS300? I've always wanted a GS to be honest. I was looking around and I seen a 15Kmiles GS300 for about 37K on Autotrader. Whats the differences between the GS300/350/430?

Thanks all

well, the GS300 is the weakest of all GS models. It was the lower end GS until the 350 replaced it as an 07 model. i think the GS300 has 245 hp, which is the same as your accord. However, for that price, you might as well get an IS...because your just digging yourself deeper in the price. just my opinion there

however, if you are really set on driving a GS, try to get something a little higher in mileage, 25Kish and see if you c an haggle it down to near $32K

this is totally your car: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...&cardist=29

and its AWD

If you're looking for acceleration, the IS250 is not your car. While it's a fine vehicle, it's slower than hell IMO.

Oh, it's not that bad!!! :blink: Put your foot into it, and it goes!!!! Believe me, I've done it!!

And, of course, the 350 would be the better option of the two cars, but $35k isn't going to get you the 350. They're way too popular right now. Window sticker on the 250 is $35k.

oh i forgot about the whole financing thing. i thought we were judging it based on the total price. 10K is probably enough, depending on your credit level. Perhaps you should look into taking a loan from someone other than lexus. I personally took an equity loan out from my house (assuming you have a house) or borrow money from your bank. For me at least, you can use it as a tax write off, which is always a plus.

Thats an interesting idea. I do own a home and me and my wife's credit is excellent. We have 10K cash to put down and we're turning in a leased Honda Accord (3yr lease) that has 12,000 miles on it only.

I wonder if I go that route if I could actually fanagle a brand new GS instead.

One more question...

After you get your lexus, how long until the awesome feeling wears off and its just another car?

Thats an interesting idea. I do own a home and me and my wife's credit is excellent. We have 10K cash to put down and we're turning in a leased Honda Accord (3yr lease) that has 12,000 miles on it only.

I wonder if I go that route if I could actually fanagle a brand new GS instead.

One more question...

After you get your lexus, how long until the awesome feeling wears off and its just another car?

When the 1st payment is do! :lol: :D

J/K....have had mine a year and I still love the feeling I get driving it!

If you can access home equity to purchase the car thats the best bet because the interest is tax deductable like Rx330 said and the rates are fairly similar to new car finance rates. Just make sure you get on a schedule to pay it off in a reasonable amount of time.

As for the wearing off of the Lexus feeling, mines 4 years old and has getting ever closer to 90k and I still enjoy driving and owning it every bit as much as when it was new. I think about other cars every once and a while like BMWs or Mercedes, until I sit in them or drive them and they dont ride as well or feel as comfortable as my entry level Lexus. They are really wonderful cars.

for me, its when a better lexus roles off the production line.

Ive had my car since 2003 august, and i think the styling is great and the car feels much like it did the first day i got it. but i just wish i got the new "technology" that even camrys have, like bluetooth, or voice activated nav.

when lexus roles out with a better car then yours, it hurts bad.

dont worry, if those are gone by then, there will be more. and if they're not, the dealers will want to get rid of them for even cheaper. lmao

I called Geico today just to see how much my insurance will skyrocket going from the 04 accord to either the IS350 or the Gs300. Apparently my insuarance will somehow stay around $900 per 6 months. Not bad... God I can almost taste it now.

Bozer - this thread really has me thinking now.

As badly as I want the IS to fit my needs, it just doesn't do it.

I'm very, very close to a purchase, and it's looking like an 07 G35x - fully loaded for almost 40K.

After reading this thread, I also started looked at 06 AWD GS300s.

I found one with 11,500 miles and they're asking $45k.

KBB finds this car should be about $42k, and I know I may be able to work with them, being used and all.

I've got my apointment to drive the G35x on the 16th, and I just may have to swing into Lexus for an 06 GS drive as well.

It took a full year, but I've come full circle.

Lexus is once again in my sights!

:D

Bozer - this thread really has me thinking now.

As badly as I want the IS to fit my needs, it just doesn't do it.

I'm very, very close to a purchase, and it's looking like an 07 G35x - fully loaded for almost 40K.

After reading this thread, I also started looked at 06 AWD GS300s.

I found one with 11,500 miles and they're asking $45k.

KBB finds this car should be about $42k, and I know I may be able to work with them, being used and all.

I've got my apointment to drive the G35x on the 16th, and I just may have to swing into Lexus for an 06 GS drive as well.

It took a full year, but I've come full circle.

Lexus is once again in my sights!

:D

Scott, sounds like you're in the same boat as me.

I havent driven any of these cars (drove a GS once about 10 years ago and loved it). Let us know how the G35 turns out. I heard the 07 model is a lot different. I dont know much about cars though so I could be wrong. Whats interesting is how you can get a fully loaded G35 for less then 40K.

Also, I've found an 06 GS300 with about 15K miles for about 37K.