New Wheels Put On 1998

lextsy

hey all,

Hey all.

I just got a set of 20 inch wheels. I am unsure whether I am happy with them and maybe i feel like taking them off.

They are 20" x 8.5" SSW Alloy wheels with Sumitomo HTRZ II 245/35ZR20 tyres. P40 offset.

What do you guys think as I still have the stock wheels which I may put back on and put these up for sale..

post-18791-1170490692_thumb.jpg

post-18791-1170490703_thumb.jpg

post-18791-1170490712_thumb.jpg

hey all,

Hey all.

I just got a set of 20 inch wheels. I am unsure whether I am happy with them and maybe i feel like taking them off.

They are 20" x 8.5" SSW Alloy wheels with Sumitomo HTRZ II 245/35ZR20 tyres. P40 offset.

What do you guys think as I still have the stock wheels which I may put back on and put these up for sale..

The tires are sweet but I think that a chrome rim with less spokes, more dish, and more design in the spokes will look better and keep the prestige longer! Also, chrome will look better on a silver car than silver rims. B)

I actually like them. They are nothing like mine but I've seen something similar in person and they are ok. I'm interested as to why you bought them and now want to sell them so quickly. Did you not see them before purchasing or have you had a change of heart?

well first of all they do look great up close. I guess i just get cold feet after i spend alot of money.

Thanks to a member on clublexus I have a set of tein cs coilvers on their way over from USA as we speak.

By next week ill have it lowered and you wil see how nice they look.

A few people have commented it looks like a 300c now but i think those pics i put up dont look that good when itll be lowere it will be excellent

Your opinion should be first and foremost! I don't know what the roads are like in Australia but I have 20s on my 96ls and lowering it would cause rubbing when you hit minor bumps. Just a word of caution. Definitely post pictures when you are done with it!

I scrubbed the red walls off and the tein cs (drool) is in customs now awaiting release.

I should have them on by the end of the week.

Depending off offset will see if it scrubs. where did it scrub? outer wheel arch?

Hey all.

I have now installed my tein (took all frikkin day) and have some pics.

what do you guys think. It looks better in real life somehow than in pictures but what does everyone think now its lower

Looks better lowered, but I'm an old guy so the wheels aren't my style. You decide and enjoy. I certainly do appreciate the efforts you have put in to your ride. Makes my '93 look like an old man car. :)

At first, I did not think the rim fit the car, now that it is lowered, it looks much better. I do think more rim and chrome looks better on big luxury sedans. I have a 95 ls400 and I want to put 20's om it myself. I just have to convince the fiance that it is worth it. It looks like you lowered your car the perfect amount. How low did you go?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

I have now installed my tein (took all frikkin day) and have some pics.

what do you guys think. It looks better in real life somehow than in pictures but what does everyone think now its lower

Looks better lowered, but I'm an old guy so the wheels aren't my style. You decide and enjoy. I certainly do appreciate the efforts you have put in to your ride. Makes my '93 look like an old man car. :)

I agree, it looks better lowered. The reason the rims didn't match the vehicle is because they have so many spokes which usually only blend well with a sports car body. With the lowered suspension and the added side marker it appears to have a sporty edge to it, but the body is still a little too far away from sports car to fit perfectly. It's like going to the Oscars walking the red carpet with the same exact size and design Armani outfit on as your friend, but you all are two different complexions and one of you are a foot taller than the other and has a 12 inch difference in the waistline. Both of you are hot, but one just isn't a perfect fit. Just my opinion, don't want to tick anyone off.