2000 Gs 300 Seat Belt Issues

I have a 2000 GS 300 with 150,000 miles on it. Lately the driver side seat belt does not want to retrack back after releasing it from the buckle. If I turn the ignition off it will slowly return.

Any suggestions.

Will it turn back slowly no matter if the engine was just turned off or not? It shouldn’t make a difference since it’s a separate component. Sound like the retractor/tensioner might be worn out. If you yank on it quicky does it still lock in place. I would just buy a new belt and assembly if its not working properly. This is one parts of the car you want in perfect condition.

I have a 2000 GS 300 with 150,000 miles on it. Lately the driver side seat belt does not want to retrack back after releasing it from the buckle. If I turn the ignition off it will slowly return.

Any suggestions.

Will it turn back slowly no matter if the engine was just turned off or not? It shouldn’t make a difference since it’s a separate component. Sound like the retractor/tensioner might be worn out. If you yank on it quicky does it still lock in place. I would just buy a new belt and assembly if its not working properly. This is one parts of the car you want in perfect condition.

it does turn back slowly. It does still lock but you have to question the operation. I agree I will just replace.

Thx

Any suggestions.

it does turn back slowly. It does still lock but you have to question the operation. I agree I will just replace.

Thx

Try cleaning the assembly.

seatbelt_cleaning_lexus.pdf