'07 IS 350

Luxury Plus Package 18"

Pre-Collision / Dynamic Radar Cruise

Ground Effects Kit

Navigation / Mark Levinson

Rear Spoiler

Intuitive Parking Assist

Preferred Accessory Package

I live in Orange County, CA and the dealership (Lexus of Valencia) told me $55,XXX after TTL. After some shopping, I found deals of over $4k less than their offer. I called them back and yelled at them that other dealers were able to offer a completely different price. Valencia said they cannot offer discounts on special orders which I think is complete BS. After a few phone conversations, they finally gave me a price of $51,800 OTD and that the car is $49,XXX MSRP. If they can't offer discounts how is it that the price came down about $4k? I hate the fact they threw such a high figure at me to begin with and lied about discounts on special orders. What do you guys think of this deal? Is this still a rip-off price or what? I can't tell anymore after being mislead by other dealers such as *cough* Lexus of Las Vegas *cough*. Feedback much appreciated.

go through the internet departments of Tustin Lexus or Lexus Mission Viejo, and I guarantee you will get far better deals than what you are getting now (2k over MSRP). you really should be getting 2k under MSRP

go through the internet departments of Tustin Lexus or Lexus Mission Viejo, and I guarantee you will get far better deals than what you are getting now (2k over MSRP). you really should be getting 2k under MSRP

So after TTL I should be driving away with something around $47k OTD?

i cant say really, but i can say you shouldnt pay MSRP or more

email a lot of dealers including Tustin, Mission Viejo, and Newport and they will respond with a reasonable price which will most likely be around 47k

I hate to say it but be prepared for a brutal wait, even though the dealer might tell you otherwise, I waited the 6 weeks for my special I was told it would take and it was not even on the build list yet, which means it is more than 6-8 weeks away. I finally gave up and got something already built and on a boat, and it still took 5 weeks for it to show up.

Plus I think your dealer is ripping you off, you should not be paying MSRP + for a special.

I want to special order an:

'07 IS 350

Luxury Plus Package 18"

Pre-Collision / Dynamic Radar Cruise

Ground Effects Kit

Navigation / Mark Levinson

Rear Spoiler

Intuitive Parking Assist

Preferred Accessory Package

I live in Orange County, CA and the dealership (Lexus of Valencia) told me $55,XXX after TTL. After some shopping, I found deals of over $4k less than their offer. I called them back and yelled at them that other dealers were able to offer a completely different price. Valencia said they cannot offer discounts on special orders which I think is complete BS. After a few phone conversations, they finally gave me a price of $51,800 OTD and that the car is $49,XXX MSRP. If they can't offer discounts how is it that the price came down about $4k? I hate the fact they threw such a high figure at me to begin with and lied about discounts on special orders. What do you guys think of this deal? Is this still a rip-off price or what? I can't tell anymore after being mislead by other dealers such as *cough* Lexus of Las Vegas *cough*. Feedback much appreciated.

A special order like that may command MSRP based on the fact that if you cancel they have a car that will be extremely hard to re-sell and will result in a signifigant loss on their part. Some dealers will not even place the order or atleast demand a substantial deposit upfront.

UPDATE ON THIS DEAL:

The general sales manager at Lexus of Valencia said they would not return my deposit of $5,000 and threatened to throw a lawsuit at me...AT ME!!! I am going to call corporate tomorrow and see about this.

That is really odd. I would definitely push all the buttons with the dealer, etc, as 350's are still really hot and if they're scared of not being able to sell it, then they're crazy and definitely out of line.

If you have paid a purchase deposit, you have the right to

receive a '

' refund of that deposit at any time prior to your signing a vehicle

'

' purchase agreement with a selling dealer. Purchase deposits are

'

' limited by law to no more than 2.5 percent of the purchase price

of a '

' vehicle and must be deposited by an autobroker or auto buying

service '

' in a federally insured trust account.

:rolleyes: