Taking My Ls 400 To Carmax Today For Appraisal

wrpsuite

my guess is 40% of trade in value. carmax is a joke when it comes to pricing, both on trade in value and especially on sales! They're always about $1,500-$2,000 over market retail around here.....and are JERKS to boot!

I just checked edmunds and you should get about 3100 in trade from anyone. I did put "OUTSTANDING" condition. About 600 less if its just clean.

I'm going by edmunds TMV not KBB.

Tell us what they say!

go to edmunds.com to check it out yourself. They are a great resource.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1994/lexus/ls4...86/options.html

i put a link so you can just enter the specs easy!

hope this helps :D

Carmax offered $3000, Kelley Blue Book says it's woth $5400. The guys selling it (my brother in -law) says he'll meet me in the middle. I've had the car a week and it drives pretty good, gets 18 mpg and needs a timing belt. I'm assuming everyone thinks I'm getting a fair deal ?

I paid $4k for my 94 this past May. The car had 143k on the clock. The issues at the time of purchase were:

Climate Control LCD black

Tires with only about 30% tread left.

Interior filthy, really filthy.

Broken antenna mast.

No remote key.

Cup holder broken

Air bag light on.

Car had been in a front end accident in 01. Not a real high quality repair in my opinion.

Since then the A/C compressor shot craps ($930). Cleaned interior, repaired antenna, cup holder, LCD, removed and cleaned interior. and installed new tires and aligned front end.

I have 159k on the car now. It is good to go far at least another 75k.

Before you agree, get an estimate on the timing belt repair. While you are at it replace the water pump as well.

JimA

Carmax offered $3000, Kelley Blue Book says it's woth $5400. The guys selling it (my brother in -law) says he'll meet me in the middle. I've had the car a week and it drives pretty good, gets 18 mpg and needs a timing belt. I'm assuming everyone thinks I'm getting a fair deal ?

If you don't have all the issues I had with mine, I'd say the $4200 price would be fair. The timing belt can be an expensive job. Something to think about.

The A/C compressor on mine was something that could not have been predicted. Even then I beleive I did okay on my deal. It is a great car.

JimA