Code Reader Connector

calbsc400

My check engine light is on, probably bad gas, I think I put in low octane by accident last time so I topped off with good gas today. Checked the gas cap and will pull the EFI fuse if it doesn't clear itself in a day or so.

I have the code reader for the 95 SC400 but don't have a clue. I did a search but couldn't find any info on where you hook it up.

Where do you hook it up?

Actually, that's NOT where you do diagnostics. That is for engine adjustments. I did find the correct port, it's near the engine hood release handle. By the way, if you don't want to pull the fuse, you can disconnect the negative battery terminal to clear the code(s) but it also remove the radio station memory, trip odemeter setting etc. etc.

• 2 years later...

May anyone please add a picture where diagnostics socket is located under the steering wheel on SC400 ? Or at least more detailed explanation where to find this socket.

I do not have error code reader but i've read how to manually pull the codes via "engine check" indicator blinking pattern.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
May anyone please add a picture where diagnostics socket is located under the steering wheel on SC400 ? Or at least more detailed explanation where to find this socket.

I do not have error code reader but i've read how to manually pull the codes via "engine check" indicator blinking pattern.

Thanks

Mind sending me a link to this manual? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks

Mind sending me a link to this manual? I haven't been able to find it.

Update: I finally found the website, it is for the Ls400 but pretty much the same motor.

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisio..._90_ls400_1.pdf

Hope this helps others!