Swaping Tpms Between Oem Wheels

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Lexus (07 IS250 MT RWD) and I ordered it with the 17's with the intention buying the OEM 18's off Ebay or somewhere else. I plan on using the 17's in the winter and was wondering if I can switch the tire pressure monitoring system between the 2 sets of wheels each season? I searched for this topic and couldn't find my exact situation. Thanks for the help!

btw, as soon as I bought the car the first thing I did was find a good Lexus forum like this. I used to own a miata and found myself to be a miata.net junky once I saw all the cool ideas and advice that was available. I hope I have a similar experience here! :D

:( Sorry dude, the TPMS is part of the Valve Stem which means that you would have to unmount and remount the tires each season... I believe if you can buy the rims with factory TPMS sensors off of E-bay or where-ever that you can take the car into lexus and have them reset the TPMS System each time you swap the wheels. Hope this helps...

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Lexus (07 IS250 MT RWD) and I ordered it with the 17's with the intention buying the OEM 18's off Ebay or somewhere else. I plan on using the 17's in the winter and was wondering if I can switch the tire pressure monitoring system between the 2 sets of wheels each season? I searched for this topic and couldn't find my exact situation. Thanks for the help!

btw, as soon as I bought the car the first thing I did was find a good Lexus forum like this. I used to own a miata and found myself to be a miata.net junky once I saw all the cool ideas and advice that was available. I hope I have a similar experience here! :D

As the above post says, you'll have to take the 17's off the rims to get the TPM sensors out. This should be done by someone who knows what they are doing so as not to damage the sensors. If you're going to change winter and summer, then you're probably better off getting a whole new set of sensors for your new tires and rims. Once they've been coded in by the dealer you can select tire set 1 and tire set 2 on your display whenever you swap wheels.

I bit the bullet when I got a second set of wheels for my snow tires and got a second set of sensors. I haven't regretted it as it sure makes it easy to swap between the performance and snow tires.

I wonder if it would be more reasonable to just buy some all season tires for the 18" rims and put the sensors from the stock 17s on them... Winters get pretty bad around here so they would have to be fair in the snow.