Dash/windshield Rattle Noise When Cold

I've had my 2007 IS 250 AWD for a month now and am overall very pleased. It's gotten cold here in the past few days, around 15-20 degrees. For the first 10-15 minutes of cold weather driving, I hear clicking/rattling from the dash or windshield. It's not the loud popping sound that others have reported, so I'm wondering if this is a warranty/TSB item or just an annoyance that I must live with.

Thanks in advance.

jim

I've had my 2007 IS 250 AWD for a month now and am overall very pleased. It's gotten cold here in the past few days, around 15-20 degrees. For the first 10-15 minutes of cold weather driving, I hear clicking/rattling from the dash or windshield. It's not the loud popping sound that others have reported, so I'm wondering if this is a warranty/TSB item or just an annoyance that I must live with.

Thanks in advance.

jim

Yes!

I just got my RX330 back for same thing...Sheehy Lexus fixed it for me as goodwill! Man...it was driving me nuts!!!

Thanks in advance.

jim

I had my RX330 in for a rattle, it took several trips to the dealer, and oly happened when it was cold as well.

Finally they rode with me and right away the tech knew it was the clips they use to hold the glass while the sealants set up.

They had it fixed right away, and now there is no noise. HAVE THEM CHECK THE CLIPS.

Thanks in advance.

jim

I had my RX330 in for a rattle, it took several trips to the dealer, and oly happened when it was cold as well.

Finally they rode with me and right away the tech knew it was the clips they use to hold the glass while the sealants set up.

They had it fixed right away, and now there is no noise. HAVE THEM CHECK THE CLIPS.

My 06 IS250awd has the same problems, rattles and squeaks in the dash, especially now that it has turned cold here.

Ditto the "creakiness" on my 06 350 when its cold. It seems to be right up against the glass in front of me so it seems like the clips are a likely candidate. You're right about it driving you nuts. It's been especially bad for me since we've had such a lousy winter here in Denver. We've had nearly 5' of snow which is REALLY unususal for us. We've had at least one storm every week for the last 7 weeks and its been coooold.

Does it sound like a Rock is hitting your windshield? I just heard that yesterday while driving my car. I think it scares me more than irritates me, since I keep thinking a rock is going through my windshield.

That's a totally different issue!!! I have that all the time, but it's in my dash. It is just so loud that you think it sounds like a rock hitting the windshield. There is a link somewhere in here discussing this......oh, the other day I had my finger resting on a point in the dash while I was changing radio stations, and that happened. I could feel the popping in my finger!! So weird........

That's a totally different issue!!! I have that all the time, but it's in my dash. It is just so loud that you think it sounds like a rock hitting the windshield. There is a link somewhere in here discussing this......oh, the other day I had my finger resting on a point in the dash while I was changing radio stations, and that happened. I could feel the popping in my finger!! So weird........

Wow, I can never pin point when it is going to happen. But every time it happens I freak out thinking my windsheild is going to crack. Thing is, today, it happened when I was stopped in traffic. Any idea where that link is? I couldnt find it.

• 3 weeks later...