Hid Kit Is Installed!

bbsal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome. I have the exact same thing you have.

i bought mine off a honda ricer kid. it's used, but it costed me 200 bucks.

this is one of the best mod for our cars.

yep i agree hid is one of the best mods to our year cars.

mine was very easy to instal just plug and play like sk's.they sell 9005 on ebay also if thats all your car will fit but keep in mind that 9005 kits are made for high beams so the beam of light that the lights put out is not the same as 9006 i would imagine.you might blind people on the road if its made for high beams but im sure it could be modded.good luck

• 4 months later...

I envy you, too!

$500 for one complete set of headlights, right? Not just for two HID light bulbs, right? LOL

I have bad night vision, so maybe I will consider switching to HID headlights if one of them goes out someday.

$500 is the utmost max i would ever pay

it will come with ballasts and bulbs

it may use a ballast with 2 wires to attach or it can jkust be a oplug and play set up useing the old sockets for the bulbs to power tehm as originally the bulbs are 55w but hid's are 35w

• 3 months later...
thank you!yes thats were i bought them from.i paid something around 470 shipped.they are philips 6000k bulbs and ballasts.

awsome kit and the ballasts have a molded plastic around them to protect them from the elements unlike alot of other kits out there.There are cheaper ones but i didnt want to risk it to save 50 bucks!all in all they work great and im happy even though im almost 500 dollars under!lol

quick question did you do a retrofit kit ?????????? what did you use ????? hit me up miaautoconcepts@yahoo.com

thank you!yes thats were i bought them from.i paid something around 470 shipped.they are philips 6000k bulbs and ballasts.

awsome kit and the ballasts have a molded plastic around them to protect them from the elements unlike alot of other kits out there.There are cheaper ones but i didnt want to risk it to save 50 bucks!all in all they work great and im happy even though im almost 500 dollars under!lol

quick question did you do a retrofit kit ?????????? what did you use ????? hit me up miaautoconcepts@yahoo.com

Yes I have been having a problem with my my 95 es300 I recently purchased a set of 04 maxima hids.. now the bulb is h9 osram d2s wihich is for projectors..as you already should now my headlights come with projectors for halogens. I installed the kit but it dosent point straight @ all it points to the sides instead of seeing whats ahead of me i see the signs on the side of the roads..I have tried aiming several times and have even gone as far as taking apart the headlight again...to my dissatisfaction it didnt work.... so now m stuck and I dont know anyone that knows about this stuff.....I noticed that on the inside of the projector there are 2 shields one comming from the top and one comming from the bottom ...I assume that is were the cutofflione starts?????????? but as i said im not sure! Do I have to modify the projector in order to get the needed light output...........is there a certain way they are supposed to go in?????????? or do I need a diffrent hid kit alltogether?????????? Should I do a retrofit???????? and if so from what car would be the best?????????? Im sorry I am asking you so many questions But I would appreciate your help with this as I am extremly frustrated with this .......Thanks a million and I will find a way to repay you !!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

SKperformance,

Is this what you and bbsal bought "Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K bulbs and Philips LVQ-212 Electronic Control Units "? That's what I found on ebay and I'm considering getting them if that's what you both purchased. Thanks for your help.

hi there everybody, im new to the boards.

i am actually thinking about this and what do i come to see, someone installing hid's.

i was thinking about the 99' & 00' es300's that have the hid, why cant we just swap over the headlights(because they already have the projector and it is oem) and ballast from those year lex's?

also, what style bulb does the 97 have?

Charley

SKperformance,

Is this what you and bbsal bought  "Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K bulbs and Philips LVQ-212 Electronic Control Units "?  That's what I found on ebay and I'm considering getting them if that's what you both purchased.  Thanks for your help.

That is what I have on my 98.

http://home.comcast.net/~94gsxr1100/lexus/lexus.htm

wow, that looks really nice mburnickas.  where did you mount the ballast on your ES, and was it pretty much easy to install the kit?  also, did you get your kit off of ebay too?  thanks

I mounted one ballest near the coolant tank and the other is mounted to the battery support bracket (one that bolts to the frame and to the top of the battery).

It took about 35 minutes to install and I got them off http://www.projectimport.com/ but I do not think they sell them anymore

You can still buy them at http://www.xenondepot.com/.

I paid like $420 shipped back in 2002