Bmw Warranty

lambobaby1218

I know it was asked here earlier about what BMW's new warranty policies are. I checked with them over the weekend, looked at the 3 series.

Their warranty consists of every 15,000 miles, full maintenance, includes everything. However, it is once a year, with a $50 deductible. So, if after the 15k-mile service something else is needing to be done to the car, you'd have to pay for it out of pocket.

And, btw, I don't like the new 3 series. It seems a lot cheaper interiorwise to me. I think I am sticking with my IS, I can't beat the service with anything else!!!!

I know it was asked here earlier about what BMW's new warranty policies are. I checked with them over the weekend, looked at the 3 series.

Their warranty consists of every 15,000 miles, full maintenance, includes everything. However, it is once a year, with a $50 deductible. So, if after the 15k-mile service something else is needing to be done to the car, you'd have to pay for it out of pocket.

And, btw, I don't like the new 3 series. It seems a lot cheaper interiorwise to me. I think I am sticking with my IS, I can't beat the service with anything else!!!!

I agree 100% on the interior of the BMW's...

but I think that I must have misunderstood what you are saying about the full maintenance.

Here is what it says online:

For most luxury cars, maintenance is a hidden cost to consider. And when you compare maintenance programs, it’s clear they’re not all the same.

In fact, the BMW Maintenance Program* is one of the most comprehensive programs in its class and it offers the longest coverage period.

We cover all factory-recommended maintenance at no charge for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, as well as items that need replacement due to regular wear and tear.

Your maintenance costs:

Scheduled inspections: $0

Brake Pads: $0

Brake Rotors: $0

Engine Belts: $0

Oil Changes: $0

Wiper Blade Inserts: $0

Inspections: $0

Fluid Services: $0

By offering such a comprehensive maintenance program with every new vehicle, we’re able to help you manage the cost of ownership and keep maintenance costs down.

And since all services are done at an authorized BMW center, by a BMW certified technician who has been specially trained by us, we can guarantee that only original BMW parts will be used. In other words, your BMW will be maintained by our standards, which are, admittedly, higher than most.

To receive these services at no cost, just schedule an appointment at your BMW center while your vehicle is covered by the program. Items replaced due to wear and tear must be worn down past factory-recommended standards.

The salesperson told me this. He said they will do what the online version you posted says, but only every 15,000 miles, or once a year. So if you go 15,000 miles in a year, get the service, and you go another 15k miles in less than a year from the first service, BMW won't cover the second warranty service. Plus, he said, there is a $50 deductible, so you have to pay that first to get the "free" service.......

The salesperson told me this. He said they will do what the online version you posted says, but only every 15,000 miles, or once a year. So if you go 15,000 miles in a year, get the service, and you go another 15k miles in less than a year from the first service, BMW won't cover the second warranty service. Plus, he said, there is a $50 deductible, so you have to pay that first to get the "free" service.......

When I talked to the salesperson...I was told I pay nothing. You get the service as needed up to 4 years or 50,000...and I am sure that I was told that I did not have to pay anything at all. Well it doesn't matter...just spent $200.00 for my oil change and tire rotation...but I still love my LEX!!!

I also hated the interior of the new BMW's...the cupholders looked like crap....in the dash right over the passengers knees.

hmm, wat model is that lexirx? cuz the 7 doesnt have any of the problems you mentioned

Yes...it does...look...see the little rectangles in the dash. It is like the pop out cup holders in a chevy truck.

post-22186-1170432756_thumb.jpg

Also, you need to keep in mind that there is no such thing as "free services". BMW does buildin the cost of each of those services into the price of the car. Not only do you pay more for a fully loaded BMW, you also pay more due to the service built in. If you went to a Lexus dealer and said you wanted to pre-pay for service to cover the first 4 years or 50k miles, I'm sure they would be happy to collect your money up front. Plus, most high end cars these days (if you talk to a good mechanic) will tell you that they only need fluid top off, air/oil filter changes and that's about it. Valve adjustments, etc are a thing of the past.

LEXI-

Thats a 3 series, not a 7 series. The cupholders on the 7 series are in the console like india said.

My mistake...I miss read what he said. Thought he was talking about 2007. :blushing:

But the 3 series is what I was talking about...Sorry!

probably the C class, i know the 98 had an interesting pop out from the armrest compartment

Yea...the wifey's C230 has a cup holder that pops out and turns. It looks like just a single cup holder...but then you push it and it pops up and turns to the passenger for the 2nd cup holder... :o It is OK...

So I almost bought a BMW this weekend, but changed my mind with the offer they gave me on the IS. Kelley Blue Book was 23,000, they offered me 20,5-. Apparently they had two trade-ins already this week, and they didn't want another one. I wasn't gonna give it to them! Geesh.

The Web site for BMW is correct, the service is all free, no deductibles, and everything included. I have no idea why a salesperson would tell me that, esp when he thinks he's trying to sell me a car.

Okay, so now I was looking back at the IS, and Crown had all sorts of IS250s this weekend, not a single silver/black one. Not a single IS350. They actually didn't have a lot of inventory. I saw that they didn't have any ES's either.........

The Web site for BMW is correct, the service is all free, no deductibles, and everything included. I have no idea why a salesperson would tell me that, esp when he thinks he's trying to sell me a car.

He's an idiot trying to sound like he knows a lot about a subject when he obviously doesn't.

Do the dealership a favor and call the sales manager with the guy's name.